• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vinyl on HBO

zqglass

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching this? Pretty solid new series with some great actors.

(also Olivia Wilde got all kinds of naked on last night's episode)

I watched three episodes. Not solid at all so far. Stopped watching.

I saw that the pilot was like two hours and never started. I do hear mixed things from friends though so maybe I'll try at some point.

I wish I were able to tell if a series is shitty or not from one episode. Oh well, to each his own. I was raised on music from this era and I enjoy the show's foray into the music industry at that time. I kind of knew how divisive the record companies were back then, but I feel like I'm getting a pretty good representation of it from the show. For those of you who only watched the first 2 hours I do suggest giving it a second chance eventually...

I stopped after watching the Robert Plant Peter Grant scene. Just horrible. Two days later I saw Plant live. He still has it

I saw that the pilot was like two hours and never started. I do hear mixed things from friends though so maybe I'll try at some point.

This. It went absolutely nowhere except for the token Scorcese scene of unpredictable and excessive violence. It's supposed to be 1973 and you have some Sex Pistols knock off. Then you had some New York Dolls knock off that played so loud (with cordless guitars, I might add) that it knocked down a building or some shit. Really, really hard to fuck up a good story given the subject matter, but they did everything to do just that. I'll give it a few more episodes, but the pilot was 2 hours of nothing, basically.

I feel like I've enjoyed the last couple of episodes.

I think I've watched 3 eps total, including the pilot. It's ok enough for me to want to see where it goes. If he's coked up doing kung fu all the time, though, then I'm out (although it was funny when he beat the shit out of everybody).

I think I've watched 3 eps total, including the pilot. It's ok enough for me to want to see where it goes. If he's coked up doing kung fu all the time, though, then I'm out (although it was funny when he beat the shit out of everybody).

tht scene made me laugh. You need to chill out and enjoy life man

Back