• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake ACC Schedule Starting to Trickle Out: One more non-conference slot available!

The comments on the WF Sports FB page are golden as always.

I thought the 12th seed is the one left out of the challenge. Wake should have a roadie. Maybe @ NW to play Chris Collins.

Yeah, but don't the new teams get in this year?

Big Ten has 12 so it will be interesting to see whether the ACC excludes the new three teams and uses the previous 12 ACC teams (not likely) or they exclude the bottom three teams in last year standings since the new three teams had better records. So probably Wake is going to be excluded this upcoming year.

Yeah, what isle said. I wonder if ESPN will take this to 14 teams after everything settles out or stick with 12 and not bother with Northwestern vs. Wake, Rutgers vs. BC, and Penn State vs. VT.

I wonder if we're gonna schedule a really tough non-conference, so the Committee won't be able to screw us over come March.

Also as far as OOC believe we are hosting St. Bonaventure, not sure if that's out there already

Both my brothers went to st Bona's. we're going to be freaking aweful and lose to an A-10 cellar dweller and ill never be able to live it down.

Projected bracket:
One semifinal: Tennessee/Xavier winner vs. Kansas/Wake Forest winner
Other semifinal: Villanova/UTEP winner vs. Michigan St./USC winner

So we'd probably only play Dunk Cityyyyyy in a 5th or 7th place game. But that's definitely possible since they'd have Mich. State right off the bat

"Sources" tell me our Atlantis opener will be against Kansas. Fun.

Also as far as OOC believe we are hosting St. Bonaventure, not sure if that's out there already

Are we playing Kansas? Is that rumor true? LOL if so.

Nothing but cupcakes in the OOC if we're playing Kansas. We're not in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge right? Another cupcake spot.

Next year will not be vintage Kansas. They lose all 5 starters off this year's team, and they were 325th in the country in bench minutes.

Of course they have an elite recruiting class coming in, and they would be favored over Wake, but that game wouldn't be the mismatch that a lot of people here seem to think it would be. The team in Atlantis that would destroy us (besides Enfield's Trojans obviously) is Michigan State.

So, neither Duke nor UNC plays at MD next year?

That is a major FU to MD. Swofford playing hardball. Wonder if there is any other ACC school without a home game against UNC or Duke?

Sad that we're but a pawn used to punish MD.

We are so fucking awful that scheduling us at home guarantees a victory yet is STILL seen as a fuck you by the league. [Redacted]'d.

Swoff: "So, we have to schedule at least one charter school at UM this year. Hmm, I have just the right team in mind."

So, neither Duke nor UNC plays at MD next year?

That is a major FU to MD. Swofford playing hardball. Wonder if there is any other ACC school without a home game against UNC or Duke?

A major W...FU that is.

Projected bracket:
One semifinal: Tennessee/Xavier winner vs. Kansas/Wake Forest winner
Other semifinal: Villanova/UTEP winner vs. Michigan St./USC winner

So we'd probably only play Dunk Cityyyyyy in a 5th or 7th place game. But that's definitely possible since they'd have Mich. State right off the bat

This is a much better field than those of the past two tournaments we've been in. Just hugely better. There are three likely non-tournament teams (I say this not knowing a damn thing about UTEP or their team) compared to 7 for the last two (I think).

There is a very real chance we go 0-3 (of course we damn near did last year as well).

New culture dictates mediocrity...losing is noble, bow down and give way to your competitors...

yeah, we knew that was likely though as far back as when the move was originally announced

HOME

Syracuse
Miami
Notre Dame
GT
Wake
Pitt
UVA
VT
FSU

AWAY

BC
Clemson
Duke
UNC
NC State
Pitt
UVA
VT
FSU

For the record, I guarantee a win in the home Wake v. Wake game.

Helps to know it is the MD schedule referenced in the post ... But keep believing

Back