• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake baseball in Wilson

godeacsplate

Reaction score
Playing ECU in Fleming Stadium @ 6:00 Wednesday. Weather is looking iffy, but over 1000 tix already sold, and at least 4 to Wake fans. Cool, VERY old remodeled stadium. Also home of NC Baseball Museum. Come have a few beers and watch the Deacs. Reserved seating $7.

I'll be there - with my 6 year old and my 8 year old (if I tell them that they can skip choir practice) --- seems kind of like those commercials where they say "Don't Tell Mom."

Weird night. Wake was the home team, but I'd say 25-30 of the 1200 or so there were Wake people. Purple everywhere. I had 2-3 ECU people I know convinced that we're such a big-time program that we brought our band...Wilson Fike band dressed in black/navy with WF on their uniforms played the national anthem. Left in bottom of 5th when storm blew in. Must've been close to 11:00 when it ended.

Big home series against Clemson this weekend. If WF can take 2 of 3, we would be 4-2 ACC and 14-7 overall and no games against a ranked team until playing at UNC on April 11 (the next 3 ACC series are BC, ND and MD). Winning the Clemson series would make an NCAA tournament a very realistic possibility.

Last edited:
beating ecu on the road is a huge win for wake

Normally I would agree that this is a good win for Wake, but ECU is not very good this year. ECU has always had a solid baseball program, but there are a lot of unhappy Pirate fans this year.

Back