• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Out of the inning, no damage done (other than Rhett’s pitch count, but I don’t think he was going to go particularly far in this one regardless).

We are missing some key bats I know, but count me in the concerned about our ABs camp. Not stringing quality AB together. I feel like the Wilford Brimley character in The Firm who worries when there is nothing to worry about.

hate piling on, but our pbp guy just isn’t very good. granted, my only benchmark is mlb radio so maybe an unfair comparison.

but i think you would expect to get the type of the pitch (ideally velo), the location of the pitch, potentially any batter reactions (eg check swing, brush back, etc).

and then the guys i’m used to also use the tone of their voice to indicate if the ball was hit well or not.

our guy basically is just telling us what you’d see on the box score. but it’s possible i’m being unfair or unrealistic.

We are missing some key bats I know, but count me in the concerned about our ABs camp. Not stringing quality AB together. I feel like the Wilford Brimley character in The Firm who worries when there is nothing to worry about.
Well it would be nice if we had any bats on the bench that could help at all.
I’m pretty shocked Cecere has been out this long.

hate piling on, but our pbp guy just isn’t very good. granted, my only benchmark is mlb radio so maybe an unfair comparison.

but i think you would expect to get the type of the pitch (ideally velo), the location of the pitch, potentially any batter reactions (eg check swing, brush back, etc).

and then the guys i’m used to also use the tone of their voice to indicate if the ball was hit well or not.

our guy basically is just telling us what you’d see on the box score.
Oh yeah. He stinks.

ironically, have to go do yard work. hope to catch all of game 2. go deacs!

our guy basically is just telling us what you’d see on the box score. but it’s possible i’m being unfair or unrealistic.
Listened to the first 2 innings on the radio feed and totally agree.

To be fair…sometimes they are only as good as the resources available to them. How good is his spotter etc

I assume (hope) Gio will catch game 2. I agree that Cueto has earned it over the past few weeks.
Two bad throws to second putting undue pressure on Lowder. Plus, the falling on the ball to give a 2 strike guy a single...

We're swinging at balls and letting strikes go by...

Last edited:
Back