• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Do any of these games today affect who we may play if we advance to the CWS? How do they determine the pairings for the double elimination part?
No re-seeding done at the CWS. You would be in the same 4-team pod as the #1, #4, #5, and #8 seeds (or whoever makes it out of their super regionals.).

So assuming we’re just going off seeding, we want Oregon State and Texas A&M today, which will put us (if we can beat Bama) in a double elimination pod without Clemson, LSU, or Stanford. Top remaining seed would be Kentucky (12) with a bunch of unseeded teams taking up the remaining spots.

So assuming we’re just going off seeding, we want Oregon State and Texas A&M today, which will put us (if we can beat Bama) in a double elimination pod without Clemson, LSU, or Stanford. Top remaining seed would be Kentucky (12) with a bunch of unseeded teams taking up the remaining spots.
i don't know. if any of those teams beat the seeded teams then they are playing really well. So I'm not sure it really makes a difference. You don't get to Omaha without being pretty damn good, no matter what.

The CWS Final last year was between 2 non-national seed teams. And the first Winners Bracket Game in both CWS brackets were all non-seeded teams. So i don't think it matters.
We are going to have to beat good teams, playing well, to win the whole thing

I had a little trouble at first last night using the link provided in the DC email. I didn’t realize it at first but it was taking me to a page where the next link provided was for season ticket holders to order….which I am not and then it would crap out and say something like no ticket applications available. But once I logged into my account and searched for baseball tickets I was able to find the right spot and order no problem.

I had a little trouble at first last night using the link provided in the DC email. I didn’t realize it at first but it was taking me to a page where the next link provided was for season ticket holders to order….which I am not and then it would crap out and say something like no ticket applications available. But once I logged into my account and searched for baseball tickets I was able to find the right spot and order no problem.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was able to log into my account and purchase the tickets.

For what its worth, the tickets from the DC state Fri-Sun. I know at one point there was discussion of maybe a Sat-Mon series.

We need to stay focused and consider a win is a win. So beating Alabama 6-4, or 8-5 is just fine.

It may not be 15-1 each game.

And their fans, including player parents, could be rather obnoxious, and we need to mentally prepare for that as well.

Posting again, because it may have gotten lost in the shuffle of the rain delay on Saturday for a lot of folks. Great interview with Rhett - lots of cool stuff about his pitch grips, the analytics at Wake, and a lot more. Worth the 45 minutes.

We need to stay focused and consider a win is a win. So beating Alabama 6-4, or 8-5 is just fine.
This is true, but I would also say that 3-2 is also fine. Or 7-6. Or 9-7. And other scores where we win as well. Bottom line is that we need to score at least one more run than the other team and we're good.

Back