• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

What the hell happened to Louisville

Some publications predicted them to be better than Wake this season

I'm kind of assuming they did something makeshift and slapped it on the wall amid the post-game celebration. Maybe somebody who stuck around the stadium can confirm?

I watched the celebration for a bit but had to get in there for the press conferences.

Also: Holy shit on the first few pages of this thread. They're hilarious to read now.
I've been reading through some of those pages and yes they are funny. I will admit that I said Wake would choke and wouldn't get to Omaha. I guess that's the Wake fan in me. Glad to see the fellas do it today. Funny to go back and read some of those articles too.

What the hell happened to Louisville

Some publications predicted them to be better than Wake this season
I think they had some injuries pile up. But also: They lost 2 of 3 at home to Wake, dropped a mid-week to Indiana, then got swept at Duke, all by one run. The Friday night game at Duke, they were up 7-0, then it was 7-6, they got it up 9-6, and Duke hit a walk-off grand slam. Feel like that broke them.

I noticed that on Saturday and figured it would be cool to attend the first home game next season to see them unveiled. I guess we don’t wait that long?
It's just a temporary sticker. There's social media footage of the players putting it up after the game somewhere.

Oregon put a freshman pitcher with 10 walks in 6 1/3 innings on the season out there with 2 outs, bases loaded, down 3. Season on the line.

Walk.

I doubt many are still alive. But yeah, it would be great if some could get to Omaha.
There was an article posted here a couple weeks ago interviewing a few of them. They said they would try to be there if we made it.

Back