• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I am waiting. Wake-Stanford could be the early game and I think I could get a better price than what is out there. Prices have gone up this week. Of course if we end up playing Texas in the late game this might turn out to be a bad decision.

Given the tiny allotment of tickets that go to each school I am thinking there is no shot I will get tickets through Wake, but I would like to know where our allotment is. It would be fun to be with other Wake fans.
Looking at the CWS Participant Manual it says that tickets for the home team fans will be in Sections 116, 117, 222, and 322. Visiting team tickets will be in Sections 107, 108, 202, and 302. Since we are the #1 seed, we will be the home team for our first game. For subsequent games (before the finals), its looks like a similar determination as there was with regionals with looking at which team has been the home team the fewer number of times. For finals, we would be the home team in games 1 and 3 if necessary.

Lots of interesting info in the participant manual:

Congrats you had 150 pitches and beat Texas

You get Wake Forest and Lowder in 6 days as a reward
Stanford still has guys on the corners with one out. They really shouldn't throw this kid out for the 9th...but if they do, well...I'm not trusting their coach.

i mean.... i'm not impressed with a complete game, it just seems dumb and unnecessary

On the flip side of not having to worry about who we draw, it was even more enjoyable knowing that the other teams still in the field probably had the smallest sliver of hope after the Saturday result that maybe, just maybe, Alabama could rattle off two against us and get us out of this thing. And then we basically rub Bama's face in dogshit in game 2.

Back