• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

No different than basketball, really. Fixed brackets means that sometimes matchups are uneven. At least in baseball, you have to lose twice to be eliminated, instead of a shock upset ending your season.
Brackets. It is what it is. Plus it is double elim.

My guess is that game 1 workload is safely small enough for each of Keener or Sullivan to start if needed. If we trail at any point tomorrow, I doubt we see them as we’d need Keener, Sullivan, Lowder to get us through Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday if we do drop tomorrow.

If we are leading and look to have the game in hand, it’s possible we’d have more options on the table.

Have heard about him in Winston area given from Lexington and his grandson pitched at Wake. Yet not a peep about him in local recent articles and tv stories about 55 team….any idea where this article was? Yesterday‘s interview during the Wilken homer was first I heard directly from him. Great story.
I found it on the CBS Sports app under NCAA Baseball

Back