• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Did anyone see the
So what was the "gift" that the writer says Wake received in the 8th inning? Sure seemed all earned to me....great defensive play and then a double paired with a single to take the lead....
To me "the gift" was the LSU pitcher throwing Danny Corona a breaking ball with 2 strikes after blowing 2 heaters by him.

1. I just randomly stumbled across a CBS mock draft and holy smokes, LSU is projected to have the top 2 picks in Crews and Skenes. I mean I knew LSU was loaded, but I honestly had no idea they were that loaded.

2. Sorry, but the sac bunt was kinda indefensible. We have, like, decades of data on this by now. In the absolute best case scenario, you’re essentially trading an out for a base. That…is generally not a good trade. And again, that’s if it works.

The real shame here is that LSU, the only other team to be #1 this year, was given the 5 seed
just go back and look at florida's path:

Florida A&M (WITHOUT the band or even halftime)
uconn (do they even play baseball?)
texas tech (neither the best texas or tech team)
south carolina (lol)
virginia (mr. jefferson couldn't hit a curve ball if his life depended on it (actually the only real challenge that they had with a week to prepare for))
oral roberts (like liberty without the financial resources)
??

Yeah I actually hung in there for a few mins and he got a like from me for flat out calling people dumb for saying it was rigged
I listened to a bunch of this in the car. Far more reasonable that I anticipated. If I lived in the greater Baton Rouge area I would definitely give him a call for my roofing and/or siding needs.

south carolina (lol)
virginia (mr. jefferson couldn't hit a curve ball if his life depended on it (actually the only real challenge that they had with a week to prepare for))
??
yeah but then they get OUR DEACS starting Saturday

yeah but then they get OUR DEACS starting Saturday
Obviously. When jac cacciatore starts watching pitches go by him, then they will understand what real teams have had to deal with all postseason with desantis mucking around.

Anyone else having a celebratory dip today?
I actually use Black Buffalo which has a no nicotine, no tobacco product. You would never know the difference. Great product that helped me kick that disgusting habit.

1. I just randomly stumbled across a CBS mock draft and holy smokes, LSU is projected to have the top 2 picks in Crews and Skenes. I mean I knew LSU was loaded, but I honestly had no idea they were that loaded.

2. Sorry, but the sac bunt was kinda indefensible. We have, like, decades of data on this by now. In the absolute best case scenario, you’re essentially trading an out for a base. That…is generally not a good trade. And again, that’s if it works.
Managers (excluding Earl Weaver) have been sac bunting with a runner on first and no outs since the beginning of time. It's debatable, but IMO the bunt call in and of itself wasn't terrible. It was asking Hawke, who should be able to sac bunt but apparently never successfully did so this season and certainly looked like it, to bunt that I have an issue with. Don't ask a guy to do it for the first time all season in that situation.

I actually use Black Buffalo which has a no nicotine, no tobacco product. You would never know the difference. Great product that helped me kick that disgusting habit.
So what is it? Are you just packing a handful of grass clippings in your lip Jim Grobe style?

south carolina (lol)
??
cough UConn beat us in the tourney last year

Yeah I actually hung in there for a few mins and he got a like from me for flat out calling people dumb for saying it was rigged
You'd have to be really dumb and delusional to think it would be rigged in our favor.

Back