• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball - '24-25 Schedule Thread

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
More of a placeholder, because I don't know shit.

SCHEDULE BY DATE:
11/16 - @Xavier

SCHEDULE BY HOME/AWAY:
HOME

North Carolina A&T

ROAD
@ Xavier - 11/16 - Renewal of Skip Prosser Classic
@ SEC Opponent - ACC/SEC Challenge

ACC HOME:
Duke
NCSU
Stanford
BC
FSU
GT
UNC
ND
Pitt
UVA

ACC ROAD:
Duke
NCSU
Stanford
Cal
Clemson
Louisville
Miami
SMU
Syracuse
VT

MTE
2024 ESPN Events Invitational - Orlando, FL -
Usually around Thanksgiving
Field:
???
Florida
Minnesota
Wichita State???

Last edited:
We’ll be on the road for the SEC challenge, or that was at least the working assumption when Forbes was talking about it at the end of the season

Think I weirdly prefer that bc it's a lot more of a chance to be Q1? But then I start thinking about us playing on the road and start to think I'm insane LOL

Odd that we play all 3 new members away but only host 1. Hopefully they can schedule the 2 Cal teams for a single weekend.

I think it's a west coast swing that not every team does every year. Pretty sure the games will be back to back (like a midweek and a weekend).

I mean I certainly know why the blue teams aren't going to California, but with those games presumably starting later at night seems like the ACC should've considered ratings for timeslots they aren't normally in.

If Wake and UF are both in the Orlando MTE then my family will probably make the trip down since my wife is a Gator

ATS you in?

There is a chance, albeit slim, that I'd make that trip.

Tough given it'll be around the Thanksgiving holiday.

hoping for a game in the new york city area.

Played @ Rutgers in 2022 and 2014
Played @ Seton Hall in 2011
Played Texas Tech and Florida in MSG in 2005

So that's almost 20 years since we've played a non ACC tourney game in New York city

Odd that we play all 3 new members away but only host 1. Hopefully they can schedule the 2 Cal teams for a single weekend.
Every team that plays Stanford on the road also plays California on the road. This will be back to back and the teams that didn't do it this year will do it next year. All the teams that play Stanford and Cal on the road also have SMU at home, and vice versa.

So it's literally the same as every other non-SMU, Cal, Stanford schedule. Teams that have one of Cal/Stanford as a home and home (State and Wake) both still have a two-game West Coast road trip.

Hopefully no UGa or LSU on our schedule ever again!!

Every team that plays Stanford on the road also plays California on the road. This will be back to back and the teams that didn't do it this year will do it next year. All the teams that play Stanford and Cal on the road also have SMU at home, and vice versa.

So it's literally the same as every other non-SMU, Cal, Stanford schedule. Teams that have one of Cal/Stanford as a home and home (State and Wake) both still have a two-game West Coast road trip.

Wake, UVA and Cuse play Cal and Stanford on the road and also have SMU on the road (WF hosts Stanford; UVA hosts SMU; Cuse hosts none of them)

UNC and ND play Cal, Stanford and SMU at home and not on the road

Last edited:
Yes sorry jumped the gun there and didn't include Wake in the "home and home with Stanford/Cal" getting SMU on the road from there. Inverse of this is State gets SMU at home (and I'd imagine Wake/State swap this next year)

Didn't see UNC - great catch there. Yeah that's weird. They're literally the only team other than Notre Dame that gets all three at home without a road game. Guessing it's attributable to there "only" being 10 teams that Stanford/Cal can go on the road to (broken into 5 groups of 2)

If Wake and UF are both in the Orlando MTE then my family will probably make the trip down since my wife is a Gator
What are your thoughts on Wake's women's basketball team? Are you willing to contribute to Currie's $100M funding drive to support women's sports?

Back