• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Preseason Discussion Thread - Hudson and Watson Suspended

Shockingly decent preseason video coming out of the Wake AD.

Who are the donks on the opposing team? Paid actors? Or walk ons?

The good thing about only having 13 wins is that it is really easy to remember them all.

Works especially well for football.

Maybe I'm crazy, but in looking at our starting 5, shouldn't we be pretty decent?

1. Wilbekin - solid guard that can shoot the 3, 7.2 ppg
2. CMM - if he had a jump shot... but without it, still can get to the rim/line. 14.5 ppg
3. Hudson: streaky player but certainly surprised me with his ability. 7.5ppg
4. Mitoglou - skilled offensive player, 9.7 ppg and 4.6 boards
5. DT - undersized but physical, 12 and 8.8 a game.

Maybe I'm crazy, but in looking at our starting 5, shouldn't we be pretty decent?

1. Wilbekin - solid guard that can shoot the 3, 7.2 ppg
2. CMM - if he had a jump shot... but without it, still can get to the rim/line. 14.5 ppg
3. Hudson: streaky player but certainly surprised me with his ability. 7.5ppg
4. Mitoglou - skilled offensive player, 9.7 ppg and 4.6 boards
5. DT - undersized but physical, 12 and 8.8 a game.

If Crab plays, yes, that starting 5 is competitive.

Yep, we really should be pretty good if/when we have Crab/CMM.

Is there a reason we may not have Hudson back? Sorry, have not kept up with this thread, just know he is suspended for a a handful of games.

The Wake Forest release makes it sound like they are definitely coming back. It also sounds like there is a specific length of time that they will be unavailable, but they don't mention what that timeframe is.

I've seen posters reference 7 games, but I have not seen it verified anywhere.

I'm really afraid we could be 2-5 in November and 2-3 in December. Then we get to play Louisville, Duke and State.

We could be very good by mid- season , but our record could be awful by then.

I'm really afraid we could be 2-5 in November and 2-3 in December. Then we get to play Louisville, Duke and State.

2-5 in November would be terrible. We've got UMBC, Bucknell, Richmond, 3 games at Maui surely we win at least one, and Rutgers. Getting less than at least 3 wins would be very discouraging.

Back