• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Nice to hear some positive reports on Cokley, especially for a guy with another year in HS. Any feel for the level of competition with those private schools?

Nice to hear some positive reports on Cokley, especially for a guy with another year in HS. Any feel for the level of competition with those private schools?
I think the Plumlee brothers came from one of those schools

The report ATS posted called Christ and Asheville “two heavyweights.” It’s not like he was playing Clemmons School.

Asheville School and Christ School are both private schools that recruit players. Christ School recruited Hendersonville High Schools point guard.
A scholarship at either is probably more than small public college costs.

Charlotte is like the 50th best city in NC. I lived in the Midwest for 3 years. It’s all a wasteland.

Then I’m very curious what the 50 best cities are if they only include Greensboro and Charlotte at 49 and 50. But apparently we’ve moved on from this discussion.

Plus I realize you were just using NC as a barometer for how bad you think the Midwest is.

Can anyone let me know if any recruiting shit has happened? I just read back about 5 pages of people arguing about states and NIL stuff.
Only recent thing is the Danish kid Marqus Mitrovic Marion, who visited last weekend and apparently canceled his other US visits after ours (Xavier and someone else - BC? - maybe just X). Not a bad sign, at least.

Then I’m very curious what the 50 best cities are if they only include Greensboro and Charlotte at 49 and 50. But apparently we’ve moved on from this discussion.

Plus I realize you were just using NC as a barometer for how bad you think the Midwest is.
There are about 40 small cities in the mountains and on the coast that I’d put ahead of them both, along with most of the Triangle!

My point was basically that saying NC is only Charlotte is pretty dumb and doesn’t reflect the state at all.

I'm bullish on Lewisville/Clemmons and I affectionately call it WeFoCo. Ya'll keep talking your shit and see what happens.

Does MMM have international experience on the Danish U18 team? Maybe they’ve played games in Clemmons or East Flat Rock or some other NC city?

I think the Plumlee brothers came from one of those schools
Christ School. I didn't know Asheville School was considered a heavyweight but CS has long been a power. It was a big deal a few years ago when Zion's team out of Spartanburg game to town to play them.

Clemmons is not better than Charlotte or Greensboro and I’ve never lived there. Although I would still insist that Clemmons is about as lively as your normal midwestern city.
Tanglewood, Bermuda Run, low crime rate and Ronnie’s wings. Seems like a pretty good gig to me.

Recruits read this thread. They're not going to be happy with you all trashing their hometowns. Please rescue this thread (and Wake basketball recruiting) by posting what you like about different cities in NC.

Back