• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

‘24 might be rapped up. Haven’t done the scholarship math and the staff seems comfortable opening up schollies as needed, but we may just save any additional spots for the portal. Would love to see a big in ‘25.
And now a post that I'm happy to read.

Welcome Juke, great opportunities will follow. Kudos to Forbes and company!!! Forbes is the real deal!

If you value winning above honesty, there is literally no better way to help the program rn than doing that, I 100% agree, tho the use of the word donation is questionable lol. Regardless of all the things I decry, I’m happy for our staff. They hate this crap just as much as me but they hate losing recruits at the 11th hour even more, and this time it was Wake’s 11th hour bid that won it.
Speciation, dude. You don’t know shit. You need to be banned.

Speciation, dude. You don’t know shit. You need to be banned.
Let’s put aside the fact that yes I do know something, albeit very little at this point, and think through it logically.

Insiders say weeks ago that Juke has a great relationship with Forbes and loves Wake but other schools are offering money. Then, Juke decides to take one final visit to Wake. Insiders then say Wake is in the lead, and a few in the know people on both boards, including literally RTQ itself several times, begin proudly commenting things such as “Wake isn’t losing the money battle anymore”. Last night, suddenly insiders say Tennessee is in the lead, then just as suddenly Wake retakes the lead, lands a commitment and RTQ tweets telling us about what great things it achieved. I’m no scientist but even without direct knowledge I think we can put our collective brainpower together and figure out what happened here. He liked Wake, but other schools offered money, Wake matched the money and took the lead, Tennessee upped their final offer, and Wake matched it. Congrats to Juke and our staff. I don’t hate the players, I hate the game.

If you value winning above honesty, there is literally no better way to help the program rn than doing that, I 100% agree, tho the use of the word donation is questionable lol. Regardless of all the things I decry, I’m happy for our staff. They hate this crap just as much as me but they hate losing recruits at the 11th hour even more, and this time it was Wake’s 11th hour bid that won it.
stripes-lighten-up.gif

There is literally ZERO sources I've spoke to either on or off the record (and the conversations have been extensive) that indicate NIL played a major impact in Juke Harris' recruitment, even during the period of time over the last couple days when his decision was a little more cloudy and not Old Gold & Black colored.

On if NIL played a factor in his decision
Harris: “We didn’t talk NIL. We talked strictly basketball, the campus and academics.”

That being said, it's a long time until Signing Day, and that could change. And obviously commitment to RtQ is important generally speaking for both the basketball and football programs moving forward.

There is literally ZERO sources I've spoke to either on or off the record (and the conversations have been extensive) that indicate NIL played a major impact in Juke Harris' recruitment, even during the period of time over the last couple days when his decision was a little more cloudy and not Old Gold & Black colored.

On if NIL played a factor in his decision
Harris: “We didn’t talk NIL. We talked strictly basketball, the campus and academics.”

That being said, it's a long time until Signing Day, and that could change. And obviously commitment to RtQ is important generally speaking for both the basketball and football programs moving forward.
Sorry Les, this is obviously not true. NJDeac already explained to us that it came down to a bidding war of briberies.

RTQ has told us it’s true, and yes Wake can now outbid anyone it wants to like I said. It’s also why I said when this stuff first happened that it would help basketball more than football. We can outbid any school for 1 or maybe 2 guys a year in basketball and that’s all you need, but we can’t outbid major football schools for 12 4 stars a year.
please stop spreading inaccurate information.

Back