• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Hines Tweets too much for me-comes off like a bit of a head case-all about him. Would like to have him back-but not surprised. Think it is a bad decision, but wish him well wherever he lands.

Too slow. No way.

Uh, Bachman is probably the best route runner on the team.

Working the slot (or any WR position) is about route running and beating the man off the LOS.

Bachman was surprisingly in the slot for an in motion play during the bowl game and roasted his man off the LOS for the long gain to set us up for a scoring TD.

One play. I disagree. Bachman rarely beats anyone off of the LOS. He has good hands but is not quick enough to make plays like Campanaro, Hines, and Dortch.

He could be worried that he will sit again as long as Dortch is healthy since the Coaches don't seem to like to rotate the recievers that much. I see no reason Hines shouldn't have been seeing more playing time before Dortch went down. I'm sure the kid just wants the best opportunity to play, that's what competitors want. I hate to see him go but wish him the best.

What football coach is going to give more playing time to the bench when the starter is on track to become a First Team All American. And I don't mean freshman All American. Mop up time against Presbyterian maybe. Hines thinks he can't beat out Dortch. He's probably right.

I felt that Clawson was going with the hot hand. Dortch was on fire and DC just wanted him on the field. Maybe he should have given Hines more touches, but he wanted to see what Dortch could do. I understand wanting to start, but Hines was ready to go when called upon and I guess felt he had earned the starting assignment and was probably told that the job was Dortch's to lose and didn't want to compete and risk being a back up. Have to wait and see where he lands and how next year goes to see if he was realistic or selfish. If I were him I would go to JMU

South Carolina

Dortch and Washington should be a really nasty combo, but I’m disappointed Hines is leaving. Bachman starting certainly doesnt worry me. He runs good routes and has great hands. If Clawson was worried about depth I doubt he’d have moved Wade. With the grad transfer and Claude, I think we’re good. Also really excited to see Surratt after his redshirt year.

This year, I wlll be introducing Waydale Jones and Sage Suratt to you peeps. Get ready.

65, Ill be in touch soon.

I'm really excited about Waydale too and sounds like Clawson really wanted to play Surratt last year.

Hines said the WSJournal article about his plans to transfer is “fake news.”

Look under the article in the comments section in yesterday’s WSJ article. Don’t really know how to interpret his comments with regards to transferring. He may just be responding to the not wanting to compete aspect.

just read the article, and the comments are very interesting for sure. sounds like Tabari is saying he isnt transferring.

To hear him saying he’s staying now everyone agrees very surprising.

But after all this not sure team will want him back. Or maybe I’m behind is it a done deal that Clawson has accepted him back.

Need some of the guys with the inside information special trick plays or inside information recruiting inside information to help us regular guys they know if Clawson accepted him back or not.

Please let us know as all the regular guys like most of us don’t know how to get that out nformation.

Tabari comments like he's an OGB regular lol. Not sure what fake news he's talking about but I hope it's the transfer part. Would love him to stay for his final year.

Maybe this is the Wake fan in me, but I read those comments as he is NOT coming back. He was just defending himself from the previous poster who said he was running away from competition.

Tabari is clearly disputing the quote from Shutt that he is leaving to find a place where he can start. He’s not coming back.

Back