• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football / Military Bowl Thread

Anyone know when the team is due to arrive back on campus?

Believe it or not they bussed up to Annapolis, from what I was told. Given that information, I'd almost bet that most of the team either flew out from there to their separate homes for the holidays or left there with families for the rest of break. Just a guess

Believe it or not they bussed up to Annapolis, from what I was told. Given that information, I'd almost bet that most of the team either flew out from there to their separate homes for the holidays or left there with families for the rest of break. Just a guess

Makes sense. Good for them. Did they bus up to Annapolis so the players could pack to go home afterwards?

I think most of players just travelled back with the team, and got back to campus around 3:00am.

A bus or train would be appropriate from Philly. Look at a map. Let me know if you need help understanding it.

A bus or train would be appropriate from Philly. Look at a map. Let me know if you need help understanding it.

I did look at the map before posting. But I also figured anyone stupid enough to think it makes sense to bus an hour to the Greensboro airport, wait 2 hours to board the plane, take an hour flight to Washington, then get on a bus and ride to Annapolis thru traffic vs. a 5 1/2 hour bus trip from Winston direct to the hotel , would also be stupid enough to think that it made sense to take a plane from Philadelphia.

Bus? Bush league.

Hahahaha. We beat you with our 3rd string quarterback, Kearns. Our second stringer, Wolford, was torching your vaunted defense until that bizarre, bush-league tackle that knocked him out of the game.

It's almost as if your team (and that defense) plays in a weak league. We clearly had the dominant defense.

And now you get to RESIDE in Philadelphia, apparently. Oops.

Bwahahaha.

I did look at the map before posting. But I also figured anyone stupid enough to think it makes sense to bus an hour to the Greensboro airport, wait 2 hours to board the plane, take an hour flight to Washington, then get on a bus and ride to Annapolis thru traffic vs. a 5 1/2 hour bus trip from Winston direct to the hotel , would also be stupid enough to think that it made sense to take a plane from Philadelphia.

Well since he's half man, means he's got half a brain so......

So it takes an hour to get from Wake Forest to the local airport but only 5.5 hours to get to Annapolis? You may be map illiterate. To further illustrate why you should not get a job as a travel agent, you don't fly to D.C., you fly to BWI which is less likely Han half an hour from Annapolis.

So it takes an hour to get from Wake Forest to the local airport but only 5.5 hours to get to Annapolis? You may be map illiterate. To further illustrate why you should not get a job as a travel agent, you don't fly to D.C., you fly to BWI which is less likely Han half an hour from Annapolis.

Sneaky Star Wars reference, figures he'd be a Star Wars nerd.

Yep, according to Google maps it's 5 1/2 hours from the Wake campus to Annapolis.
Admit it, just like your team you're doomed to lose on this thread. If you want to feel like a "winner" and post on something you actually know about , I suggest you go over to "The Pit" thread and tell us whose jizz you prefer, Pat's or Geno's.

Good bet. Thanks.

It's not an hour to PTI, and unless things have changed they just pull the bus right up the plane and get on.

Yep, according to Google maps it's 5 1/2 hours from the Wake campus to Annapolis.
Admit it, just like your team you're doomed to lose on this thread. If you want to feel like a "winner" and post on something you actually know about , I suggest you go over to "The Pit" thread and tell us whose jizz you prefer, Pat's or Geno's.

Having just made the drive, if you don't stop you can get there between 5-5:30 hours. We stopped twice both ways and got in under 6 hours both times.

I have no problem taking a bus up there. It saves a ton of money and I'm not even sure it would have saved a ton of time.

If you think we should fly then I would like to hear what plane we're taking, how much time it would've saved, and a cost-benefit analysis of how that would have saved a lot of money. Complaining just to complain is getting old.

Last edited:
Back