• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest / Purdue football series in the works (mid 2020's)

I really enjoyed our trip to West Lafayette the last time we played them. It helped we actually won as well, but a nice stadium on a nice campus.

I really enjoyed our trip to West Lafayette the last time we played them. It helped we actually won as well, but a nice stadium on a nice campus.

That was a big win early in Grobe's tenure. Purdue was a pretty strong program then and nobody expected us to go on the road and best them.

In HS, there was some stupid computer program where you input information and it told you what university you should attend. Program told me Purdue. Yeah, right, computer.

That was a big win early in Grobe's tenure. Purdue was a pretty strong program then and nobody expected us to go on the road and best them.

It was also Barclay's breakout game although it wasn't televised. 19 carries, 70 yards, 3 TDs in a 24-21 win.

It was also Barclay's breakout game although it wasn't televised. 19 carries, 70 yards, 3 TDs in a 24-21 win.

Yeah, I remember listening to it on the radio, pacing the floor and jumping up and down when we won.

Yeah, I remember listening to it on the radio, pacing the floor and jumping up and down when we won.

Yep. And Barclay delivered a very good postgame interview. I was a huge fan. Still am.

Purdue has a beautiful campus, def worth a trip. You can also hit South Bend and the NFL HOF, same highway.

Also, White Castle.

Yep. Still a baffling play call. I think Kyle Orton was the Purdue QB for both games of that series.

BTW, that 2003 Purdue team was loaded. They finished 3rd in the Big 10 losing only to Ohio State and Michigan (tOSU in OT), and then played #11 UGA in the Citrus bowl losing in OT. They had 9 players drafted in the 2004 draft, including long time NFL studs Nick Hardwick, Shaun Phillips, Jaque Reeves and Landon Johnson (more than anyone except Miami and Ohio State). Orton was drafted the next year. Always puzzled me how WF fans fixated on that call as if putting WF in a position to beat a superior Purdue team deserved no credit; yet, one play call was all that mattered.

Schweigert was on those teams too, he was a great college safety.

BTW, that 2003 Purdue team was loaded. They finished 3rd in the Big 10 losing only to Ohio State and Michigan (tOSU in OT), and then played #11 UGA in the Citrus bowl losing in OT. They had 9 players drafted in the 2004 draft, including long time NFL studs Nick Hardwick, Shaun Phillips, Jaque Reeves and Landon Johnson (more than anyone except Miami and Ohio State). Orton was drafted the next year. Always puzzled me how WF fans fixated on that call as if putting WF in a position to beat a superior Purdue team deserved no credit; yet, one play call was all that mattered.

It was still a terrible call.

Wasn't the quote something like, "That's our best play and if we can't get one yard on our best play, we don't deserve to win."

Since we just penned a home and home with App State, what are the odds this is a 2-for-1 deal?

If Randolph keeps the ball doesn't hand it off, he is still running.

Back