• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

they've done a few college matches this year but today was the first time i've watched with a rooting interest... probably a question of resources but it was criminal how long they stayed w 1-dubs and then Gojo-Blumberg. if you're going to televise it and block people from streaming individual courts then you have to do the red zone style coverage... not necessarily at that frantic pace but sweet lord don't sit on a court for an entire first set in singles! Either they a)mdidn't have confidence in the announcer's ability to handle multiple courts in succession; b) don't have the production/truck staff to help tell the story of the match or c) they just chose to stick on one court. Could've easily been much more compelling television, especially for neutrals who aren't that familiar w the college setup

Agreed. They need to figure out how to bounce around more, and show more than just court 1.

No. 3 Wake Forest 4, No. 8 Texas 0
Doubles – Order of Finish: 1, 2
1 No. 1 Skander Mansouri/Christian Seraphim (WF) def. George Goldhoff/Leonardo Telles (UT), 6-3
2 Borna Gojo/Alan Gadjiev (WF) def. Harrison Scott/Julian Zlobinsky (UT), 7-5
3 Christian Sigsgaard/Colin Markes (UT) vs. Petros Chrysochos/Dennis Uspensky (WF), 6-5, suspended.

Singles – Order of Finish: 3, 4, 1
1 No. 2 Petros Chrysochos (WF) def. No. 11 Christian Sigsgaard (UT), 6-4, 6-3
2 No. 124 George Goldhoff (UT) vs. No. 8 Skander Mansouri (WF), 3-6, 6-5, susp.
3 Borna Gojo (WF) def. No. 48 Harrison Scott (UT), 6-0, 7-5
4 No. 34 Christian Seraphim (WF) def. No. 86 Leonardo Telles (UT), 6-4, 6-2
5 Rodrigo Banzer (UT) vs. Dennis Uspensky (WF), 2-6, 6-4, susp.
6 Julian Zlobinsky (UT) vs. Alan Gadjiev (WF), 4-6, 5-5, susp.

ITA National Team Indoor Championships – Quarterfinals
No. 2 Wake Forest 4, No. 10 Texas 3
Doubles – Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
1 #1 Skander Mansouri/Christian Seraphim (WF) def. Leonardo Telles/George Goldhoff (UT), 7-5
2 Borna Gojo/Alan Gadjlev (WF) def. No. 27 Harrison Scott/Yuya Ito (UT), 7-6 (2)
3 Christian Sisgaaard/Julian Zlobinsky (UT) def. Petros Chrysochos/Dennis Uspensky (WF), 6-3

Singles – Order of Finish: 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6
1 No. 1 Petros Chrysochos (WF) def. No. 5 Christian Sigsgaard (UT), 3-6, 6-4, 6-0
2 No. 10 Skander Mansouri (WF) def. George Goldhoff (UT), 6-2, 6-2
3 No. 58 Harrison Scott (UT) def. Borna Gojo (WF), 3-6, 7-5, 6-2
4 No. 45 Yuya Ito (UT) def. No. 26 Christian Seraphim (WF), 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7)
5 Leonardo Telles (UT) def. Dennis Uspensky (WF), 6-2, 2-6, 6-3
6 Alan Gadjlev (WF) def. Rodrigo Banzer (UT), 4-6, 7-6 (1), 6-4

At least scroll the scores on other courts.

Yep. I pull up the scoreboard on my phone as I’m watching the coverage, so I know what’s happening on the other courts. But it would be nice if the commentators could report on that and show those matches more.

Individual tournaments start tomorrow. Are the brackets out yet? Or do they wait until this evening?

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Deacs Beat UNC! Texas Sunday at 3 PM in Natl Championship

Here’s a really good recap from yesterday http://www.collegetennistoday.com/i...na-georgia-clips-duke.html?platform=hootsuite

Hopefully Bobby Knight gets a preview out before the match. An interesting dynamic that could benefit Wake is that our current senior, Julian Zlobinsky, transferred from Texas, so he may have some helpful insight into their players.

Last edited:
for anyone who wants to stream online, you can sign up for a 7 day free trial for this thing called fubotv that has tennis channel streaming under the fubo extra (you have to add it during checkout). just gonna cancel mine after today.

Each team has won one doubles, and we're serving with a 5-4 lead in the 3rd match.
Would be great to start by actually winning doubles today.

Each team has won one doubles, and we're serving with a 5-4 lead in the 3rd match.
Would be great to start by actually winning doubles today.

Done. We won doubles.

gadjiev looked really good. pretty neat if that ends up being the last time he plays for us

Let's just roll these clowns and go out like the bosses that we are

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Deacs Beat UNC! Texas Sunday at 3 PM in Natl Championship

Looks like we have at least 4 breaks so far?

Back