• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. Louisville Game Thread - Sunday. 8PM ESPNU

It is definitely telling about Manning's opinions of Collins and Moore right now that Dinos has the kind of leash he has.

I haven't read this whole thread, but we were playing some pretty nice pick and roll defense. The signs are there. Really makes the 2016 class a little more frustrating. If we had some top talent coming in, the sky would be the limit for Manning and these guys. Manning is the real deal.

Don't be overly down on this class coming in. We are bringing in three shooters and another big with potential for Danny to coach up. He has done well so far and I believe he has again. I like that he goes after the top 50, and they will come, but knows what he wants and we need and will go from London to California or Greece to find it.

Some of you must be counting down the days until next season when CMM will have graduated and JC can get all the minutes he can handle. I think CMM will make many eat crow before this year is over. Dinos is gonna Dinos and there will be defensive limitations. However, he's definitely improving aspects of his D and his ability to space the offense is invaluable. That FT though did kill us.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_e1ffd448-b299-11e5-91fc-0b4a35f77c43.html

Thomas based his case of Wake being a Top 15 team on the fact that, in his mind at least, the only team other than Vanderbilt to beat the Deacons this season were the Deacons themselves.

"We beat ourselves against Richmond,'' Thomas said. "We beat ourselves against Xavier. We beat ourselves against Louisville. The only team that straight-out, flat-out beat us was Vanderbilt because we came out slow.''

Saying it is one thing, proving it is another. The Deacons won't have to wait long to get their next shot against a ranked team. Duke, ranked No. 15, is due in Joel Coliseum Wednesday night.

"Hopefully (after) this game we finally realize we can't let these opportunities keep slipping by,'' Thomas said. "Those are resume builders. If we win those two games (against Xavier and Louisville) we're easily in the Top 15.

"We're a Top 15 team. You can't argue against it. We beat ourselves.''

You have got to be fucking shitting me. Did he channel his inner Julius Hodge or Chris Carrawell when he said this?

Of course the FT's cost us, but people get a grip, our 85%, 75% and 73% FT shooters went 1-8. That will probably never happen again. All three of those guys have been pretty clutch with their FT's this year.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the (alleged) BC crotch grab (and scream at fans) and any potential ramifications? I hope that there are none, but people in Louisville are handling it predictably poorly. I've also only seen it on Twitter/talk radio from the UofL perspective at this point.

It would suck to lose him against Duke if Manning suspended him for it.

Of course the FT's cost us, but people get a grip, our 85%, 75% and 73% FT shooters went 1-8. That will probably never happen again. All three of those guys have been pretty clutch with their FT's this year.

It's not just the percentage, it's the number of FT's we got. We hardly got the ball inside at all.

Game was called old school. There was a ton of contact inside for both teams but the refs let them play. A few times we mugged them in the post and there were no calls. Same on some of our BC drives.

Game was called old school. There was a ton of contact inside for both teams but the refs let them play. A few times we mugged them in the post and there were no calls. Same on some of our BC drives.

33 fouls, 26 FTs combined. The first half had a good flow and seemed really short.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the (alleged) BC crotch grab (and scream at fans) and any potential ramifications? I hope that there are none, but people in Louisville are handling it predictably poorly. I've also only seen it on Twitter/talk radio from the UofL perspective at this point.

It would suck to lose him against Duke if Manning suspended him for it.

I noticed it on TV and thought it was awesome. He had one hand doing the shhhhh and the other on his nuts right after he hit that 3. Love his swag.

Also doesn't really make much sense in that we've won the bulk of our games in close contests. If you're going to start playing the "what if" game then it needs to go both ways. We could have easily lost any number of our wins. I'll take the losses we have and the wins we have.

I don't get all of the Dinos hate. Yeah he's limited (the fucking front end 1-1 miss killed me) but he stretches the defense and opens up the lane for Devin. If you haven't noticed Devin needs a lot of space with some of his unorthodox moves.

it's because a lot of our fans don't know that much about basketball

I'm starting to get a sense of what Manning wants the offense to look like next year. Collins dominating the post. Dinos burying the corner three. Crawford working the ball around and going hard to the basket. We're just missing players at the 2 and 3 who can hit a damn shot. That explains his whole recruiting philosophy last cycle.

Back