• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. LSU Game Thread - Tues. 7PM ESPNU

That said, he had several steals/deflections during the game because he kept his hands up in transition and I think he had a block as well. Still not good in the half court, but at least he had a bit of a defensive contribution last night.

Yeah, and the corner 3s arguably won us that game. Key shots and key moments.

Dinos has hit a lot of clutch 3s for us in his time here.

That said, he had several steals/deflections during the game because he kept his hands up in transition and I think he had a block as well. Still not good in the half court, but at least he had a bit of a defensive contribution last night.

He needs to go with the jumping jacks old school D. I thought Devin was gonna punch him for shitty D.

If he went 3-7 with 3 threes instead of 0-7 against Xavier --- we beat them too.

Desperately need his shooting since wilbiken is hot/cold.

Because he drops 'em in practice at 70% ... and Manning awards time via practice results. Manning also trusts him - unconditionally - to make better decisions with the ball than any of our other guards.

MW's decisions with the ball last night were atrocious.

If he went 3-7 with 3 threes instead of 0-7 against Xavier --- we beat them too.

Not singling you out, but not sure where all of the Dinos shooting criticism comes from. He was only 0-3 from 3 against Xavier... Wilbekin was 2-7, Hudson was 1-5.

I'm OK with Dinos firing up as many (open) 3s as he'd like.

Last 4 games:
Dinos 10-20
Wilbekin 5-22
Hudson 3-17

Hudson needs to shoot less 3s. I don't mind the wide open ones, but with his size and athleticism I'd rather see him get to the rim. Wilbekin has been ice cold for a while now... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't do much to impact the game when his shot isn't falling.

I thought Dinos and Crawford's two 3's were really big and very ballsy from them late.

Wilbekin doesn't really handle the ball that much anymore outside of normal half court touches. He doesn't turn the ball over much, but he shouldn't given the role we are asking him to play.

One question from last night - It seems with the new rules regarding impeding dribblers, that the hard pop out on screens had been eliminated. At least our bigs have been hammered all year on it. LSU was allowed to jump out, make contact, and stop our progression around screens on several occasions last night. Was LSU doing something technically different then anyone else we have played this year? Were these different refs or is this type of inconsistency going to be prevalent moving forward?

I'm just ready for Sir Richard of Walsingham to come in and dominate day 1.

One question from last night - It seems with the new rules regarding impeding dribblers, that the hard pop out on screens had been eliminated. At least our bigs have been hammered all year on it. LSU was allowed to jump out, make contact, and stop our progression around screens on several occasions last night. Was LSU doing something technically different then anyone else we have played this year? Were these different refs or is this type of inconsistency going to be prevalent moving forward?

It was just inconsistent from my vantage point. They got into our body less than our bigs do, but a lot of that probably has to do with the fact that LSU's bigs are much more athletic than ours are.

I thought Dinos and Crawford's two 3's were really big and very ballsy from them late.

The last 3 by Crawford - he let it go and then halfway to the rim he knew it was money. Turned around and headed back down the court "holstering" his hands as it ripped nothing but net... I get why that might not be some folks cup of tea but it was straight up swagger and was cool as shit to see in a pressure situation. And it's not the first time he's come up with some clutch deep shots for us.

Hard to imagine we aren't just a single recruit away from a potentially VERY elite team for the Crawford/Collins/Moore junior year.

Some bigtime clutch threes last night. The kind that when they went up I knew they were going in. Daggers.

If we didn't have like two dozen second half turnovers it might have been a very different game. The last minute or so excepted, it was kind of a strangely comfortable win once we took back the lead for good.

Some bigtime clutch threes last night. The kind that when they went up I knew they were going in. Daggers.

I love Dinos just camping out in the corners against the zone. No idea what his % is on those, but they always look like they're going down.

He needs to go with the jumping jacks old school D. I thought Devin was gonna punch him for shitty D.

Desperately need his shooting since wilbiken is hot/cold.

i saw that interaction around the 3:30 mark where Dinos let his man go to the rack, Devin said something, and Dinos is running back down the court with his hands up like "sorry you're mad bro" . right after that he drained a 3 though and they were all good.

Devin is super focused on this team being good this year, to the point I hope if things start going South for awhile he doesn't blow up. I think that kid has worked his butt off on his game and his attitude and I hope this will end up being a positive year for him. He was good from the line last night after looking like he'd lost all confidence a few games ago, he's on a mission this year, but he can't do it himself.

A great season from Devin could do wonders for recruiting.

Back