• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Committing criminal acts is generally not a good way to start with that endeavor.

That's true. I should have clarified my statement. Coach Faircloth has been a well-respected constant in the Wake football program for decades. Any son of MSD would count himself privileged to follow in his footsteps but no one has come close to being the touchstone of the program like Bill Faircloth. If TE had visions of such grandeur, I imagine he would have been furious to be dismissed from the coaching staff.

Someone keeps asking about the Army connection. I assume it would be former coach, McCartney, who left Wake and went on to coach at Army. IIRC, he was Coach Grobe's assistant head coach. He only spent a year at Army but it was during the timeframe that is being investigated.
I'm certainly not saying he did anything. I'm just saying that is the only Army coaching connection that I am aware of.

Last edited:
That's true. I should have clarified my statement. Coach Faircloth has been a well-respected constant in the Wake football program for decades. Any son of MSD would count himself privileged to follow in his footsteps but no one has come close to being the touchstone of the program like Bill Faircloth. If TE had visions of such grandeur, I imagine he would have been furious to be dismissed from the coaching staff.

Someone keeps asking about the Army connection. I assume it would be former coach, McCartney, who left Wake and went on to coach at Army. IIRC, he was Coach Grobe's assistant head coach. He only spent a year at Army but it was during the timeframe that is being investigated.
I'm certainly not saying he did anything. I'm just saying that is the only Army coaching connection that I am aware of.

Groundbreaking stuff right there

I listened to the Clawson interview this morning on Mike and Mike. I have a feeling there's much more being investigated. While it certainly may be a dead-end, the gambling angle must be pursued in all of this.

What has come from the Army angle of this? There were investigations there also?

What has come from the Army angle of this? There were investigations there also?

I haven't heard or read anything except that Wake Forest had contacted the schools in which there might have been questionable interactions with TE. Army was one of the three schools named.

Also, prior to coaching, didn't TE work as an academic advisor to members of the football team? That might have been when Coach Caldwell was still at Wake. I'm pretty sure it was 1999-2002.

I've graduated to "Deac (Grand) Mom x4!!!"

Last edited:
Cz03dSUUcAAnjYw.jpg

i guess this is a little better, jurich
Its still weak.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't heard or read anything except that Wake Forest had contacted the schools in which there might have been questionable interactions with TE. Army was one of the three schools named.

Also, prior to coaching, didn't TE work as an academic advisor to members of the football team? That might have been when Coach Caldwell was still at Wake. I'm pretty sure it was 1999-2002.

I've graduated to "Deac (Grand) Mom x4!!!"

You've been away too long, DeacMom. Congratulations on the grandkids!

And remember Deac Mom how "fraternal" Grobe and his staff were with all the military academies due to their AFA background, which still existed with Troy Calhoun still there.

mid 17th century: from French népotisme, from Italian nepotismo, from nipote ‘nephew’ (with reference to privileges bestowed on the “nephews” of popes, who were in many cases their illegitimate sons).

from the Latin nepos, nepotis m.f., grandson, granddaughter, nephew...spendthrift.

Has earlier origins in Sanskrit and Indo-European...

I certainly did not mean to imply that we should trade Wolford for Jurich, but let me think about it.

At this point, the only defense left is that Putin and the Russians hacked the Wake game plans. As they say, a lie well told is better than the truth told poorly

Back