• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

At this point, the only defense left is that Putin and the Russians hacked the Wake game plans. As they say, a lie well told is better than the truth told poorly

I did find it interesting that Clawson said hacking was one thing they investigating. Could college sports cyberwarfare be far behind?

Has there been any discussion in Wake possibly waiting to announce this til after Jackson won the Heisman? Just something I thought of.

Has there been any discussion in Wake possibly waiting to announce this til after Jackson won the Heisman? Just something I thought of.

Yes. I mentioned that. Also after Army-Navy.

I was in Louisville today, another rationalization being made by some of their fan base is that Wake really had the advantage during the game, because Louisville didn't know that Wake knew what they knew, so we could have lined up in the formation of the plays in question and then run a different play out of it.

I live in Louisville and I have been hearing this assertion as well. All I can do is laugh. I am embarrassed for them.

I'd like an explanation too. Or at least quote the post you're referring to. As I said before, my experience is that some of the most talented people in the athletic department are Wake alums, at least in part because they stay loyal to the school in the face of "better" offers whereas people "outside the family" don't hesitate to jump.

Nope, no response coming from PH

What response do you expect? I already told you who I was referring to. Elrod, Rusty, and Childress. It's in one of my first posts on this thread.

What do you think I'm not telling you?

Last edited:
has anyone put a for sale sign in his front yard yet?

What response do you expect? I already told you who I was referring to. Elrod, Rusty, and Childress. It's in one of my first posts on this thread.

What do you think I'm not telling you?

And this is coming for the person who had the "HIRE ELROD" post back when he was a coach? Hindsight is 20/20, but he was a pretty good position coach for us.

And this is coming for the person who had the "HIRE ELROD" post back when he was a coach? Hindsight is 20/20, but he was a pretty good position coach for us.

Lol

You've got to agree with Ph about Childress and Rusty though, I mean successful programs like Duke never hire former players as assistant coaches.

Last edited:
Lol, Ph, just admit that your post was nonsense. Neither of Rusty or Chilldress' hires has "burned" us.

Lol, Ph, just admit that your post was nonsense. Neither of Rusty or Chilldress' hires has "burned" us.

You serious? We have had underqualified crony assistants trying to rebuild a program destroyed by two crony hires.

We are at a disadvantage competing against more experienced staffs.

Coach K can get away with it because he's Coach K and his former players actually aspire to be head coaches somewhere else one day.

Interesting fact: When Petrino was run off the road with his girlfriend, the accident was not reported because her husband ran them off the road. This story was revealed by his suspended Co-OC, when he worked for Wake. Those guys deserve each other.

Petrino will give him a "slightly used" motorcycle to compensate for missing the bowl. :hug:

If we just all admit that if Ph was our AD and coach of everything we'd be most winningest, scandal free athletic program in the country he'll stop.

Galloway is making 607K as a Co-OC. He put this at risk to get information to beat a .500 ball club. What an idiot!

You serious? We have had underqualified crony assistants trying to rebuild a program destroyed by two crony hires.

Coach K can get away with it because he's Coach K and his former players actually aspire to be head coaches somewhere else one day.

Chill isn't a qualified assistant? What makes an assistant "qualified"? Greg Paulus is an assistant at Ohio State, is he "qualified"?

Keep digging, dude.

Back