• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Hiring Dino as more than an interim instead of having a coaching search.

Perhaps the first time I've ever agreed with Junebug, but this is not even close to cronyism. Do you think cronyism for LSU to hire Ed Orgeron?

Did Galloway, deliberately, arrange for the documents to be found? If not him then who was responsible for such a dumb ass mistake? Did said person realize that accepting and using the info, considering the point spread, was unnecessary? Did they believe that Louisville would tarnish their image in their handling of the issue?

Perhaps the first time I've ever agreed with Junebug, but this is not even close to cronyism. Do you think cronyism for LSU to hire Ed Orgeron?

How is hiring an assistant coach over anyone in a more qualified pool not cronyism? I'll ignore your Orgeron comp because Ed O is a more experienced coach than Dino.

cro·ny·ism
ˈkrōnēˌizəm/
nounderogatory

noun: cronyism; noun: croneyism

• the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications.

I want to know if Elrod was present when Coach Clawson met with the team and explained that they hadn't run the plays because their game plan had been compromised. All articles and interviews indicate that he was given pretty much unlimited access to meetings and practices. If so, did he attempt to cover his tracks and were there subsequent emails and/or phone calls to confirm this?

That would be an excellent way to catch a mole.

Last edited:
Sorry. I didn't think you needed a link to something you could easily search.

Here is every post that mentioned "Heisman" on this thread:
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2135244

How is hiring an assistant coach over anyone in a more qualified pool not cronyism? I'll ignore your Orgeron comp because Ed O is a more experienced coach than Dino.

cro·ny·ism
ˈkrōnēˌizəm/
nounderogatory

• the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications.

Still undefeated

cro·ny·ism
ˈkrōnēˌizəm/
nounderogatory

Because it was because he thought he was the best person for the job in that unique circumstance and not because he was a friend? I'm pretty sure the way the Dino situation ended showed that he was by no means a friend of Ron.

Because it was because he thought he was the best person for the job in that unique circumstance and not because he was a friend? I'm pretty sure the way the Dino situation ended showed that he was by no means a friend of Ron.

Dino was not without qualification as well. You may not have agreed with hire, but it wasn't like it was somebody out of left field. Of course if Dino was still here and having great success, Ph would be like "I mentioned Dino should get the job if Skip ever left."

Lonnie Galloway suspended from Citrus Bowl by Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the defensive coach(es) that received the info from Galloway? This doesn't seem like where a genuine show of accountability and honesty would end. Why is no one asking that question? We were told by UL that the info was given over to defensive coaches.

I want to know if Elrod was present when Coach Clawson met with the team and explained that they hadn't run the plays because their game plan had been compromised. All articles and interviews indicate that he was given pretty much unlimited access to meetings and practices. If so, did he attempt to cover his tracks and were there subsequent emails and/or phone calls to confirm this?

That would be an excellent way to catch a mole.

Great question.

What about the defensive coach(es) that received the info from Galloway? This doesn't seem like where a genuine show of accountability and honesty would end. Why is no one asking that question? We were told by UL that the info was given over to defensive coaches.

Exactly the defensive coaches should be suspended too, but it's a lot easier to suspend Galloway, who is an OC only in name as Petrino is the one that runs that offense.

Back