• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake getting 33 points this weekend

I don't see a blowout personally. Lay the money on the Deacs. I don't see us winning, but we won't get beat by 30.

I don't see a blowout personally. Lay the money on the Deacs. I don't see us winning, but we won't get beat by 30.

Generally agree. Hard to beat a team by 33+ when the losing team doesn't help the other team out. WF will run the ball; play field position, and the WF defense will play hard. Can't stop Jackson from making plays, but WF won't give away free points throwing up on itself.

We are not going to change our base offense -- the RO.

You're probably right. Do you think that is wise, after the rushing performances against State and FSU? If we keep it, I sure hope the mesh point (read) is a lot quicker.

In 4 home games this season, Louisville's average margin of victory is 37.5 points.

In their 4 road wins, their average margin of victory is 29.25 points.

33 is basically their average margin of victory this season.

At this point, Petrino knows that it is a long shot for Lou to get into the playoff. It's arguable that the biggest thing left for them to play for this year is a Heisman for Lamar Jackson. That doesn't bode well for Wake.

At this point, Petrino knows that it is a long shot for Lou to get into the playoff. It's arguable that the biggest thing left for them to play for this year is a Heisman for Lamar Jackson. That doesn't bode well for Wake.

I don't know how long a shot it is for two of the teams ranked 2-5 to lose. One of them will definitely lose between tOSU and Michigan. Add in three conference championship games, and I'd say it's very possible.

Either way, Louisville needs to win with style, which doesn't bode well for Wake, unless Lamar Jackson turns into a turnover machine.

According to 538: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-college-football-playoff-picture-looks-tidy-now-but-that-will-probably-change/

there is a 96% chance that at least one of the top 4 will lose between now, and the end of the year. The problem for Louisville is that one of the most likely places for a top 4 loss is Michigan at Ohio State, and a Ohio State win in that game puts tOSU in the playoff not Louisville. Also, if Auburn beats Bama in the Iron Bowl, and Auburn went on to win the SEC, would Auburn and Bama get in over Louisville?

In 4 home games this season, Louisville's average margin of victory is 37.5 points.

In their 4 road wins, their average margin of victory is 29.25 points.

33 is basically their average margin of victory this season.

So in other words, expect a 45-14 kind of game.

If 'Bama and Clemson win out. Michigan must beat OSU. Washington has to lose to #20 USC, #25 Wazzu, or Colorado in the Pac 12 CG. This would leave L'ville and U-DUB (maybe) as the only 1 lose P5 teams (WVa, don't make me laugh). That's their path. Petrino might see how unlikely it is, but the players must push it to the end.

If 'Bama and Clemson win out. Michigan must beat OSU. Washington has to lose to #20 USC, #25 Wazzu, or Colorado in the Pac 12 CG. This would leave L'ville and U-DUB (maybe) as the only 1 lose P5 teams (WVa, don't make me laugh). That's their path. Petrino might see how unlikely it is, but the players must push it to the end.

I don't think a 1 loss Michigan with a much more recent "good" loss gets in over UL. They just need one of Washington or Clemson to lose, really. Alabama would probably have to lose twice (not happening) to be left out.

What happens if Bama loses to Auburn and Auburn wins the SEC? Does Auburn make it as a 2 loss conference champ? Bama still goes too? That's the strangest scenario I can see.

2011 Alabama could win the Natty, but couldn't win the SEC. If Clemson loses 1 game, L'ville still can't pass them. The head-to-head favors the Tigers, and they'll play in the ACCCG. A two lose OSU won't pass a one lose L'ville, but a one lose Michigan (if they lose to OSU) wouldn't drop pass the Cardinals because of SoS. Louisville has to hope that "Bama, Clemson, and Michigan win out and U-DUB lose at least one.

The Apple Cup will loom large. Looking forward to that one

Back