• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake golf looking up

simosfrostyone

Reaction score
Currently tied for second against a pretty strong field in their first tournament. All players under par except one (who is even) for the tournament and Womble tied for first individually. This looks to be the strongest team we've had in a long time.

Just got back from the Carpet Capital Classic. Think I was about the only Wake fan there other than parents of players.
Wake made a strong run on the back 9 today moving up from 8th place to briefly tied for first. Also, Davis Womble was tied for the individual lead for a while.
Unfortunately, almost everyone had a bad last few holes and we dropped back to 8th place and Womble back to 4th.
I walked several holes with each player and visited with some afterwards. These guys are young and good (very good) and still learning.
The Farm is a tough course, especially for the first time players. it's also very hilly so it's physically demanding when walking.
I think this team will make some noise by next spring and over the next few years.

it's also very hilly so it's physically demanding when walking.
I think this team will make some noise by next spring and over the next few years.

LOL. ATHLETES.

But good for the team -- go deacs!

Currently tied for second against a pretty strong field in their first tournament. All players under par except one (who is even) for the tournament and Womble tied for first individually. This looks to be the strongest team we've had in a long time.

Looking up at more than half the field.

Looking up at more than half the field.

This was a very strong field.
The top 2 individuals were Ollie Schniederjans from GT, the #1 rank amateur in the world.
Coming in 2nd was Robby Shelton from Alabama, the #2 ranked amateur in the world.
While we did stumble at the end, finishing 8th is respectable at this tournament.

I played golf with the golf coach at Columbia in St Andrews week before last one time and he told me Wake's new class of signees were very good and we (Wake) were about to get very good rapidly.

I was told three freshmen should be starting and three top recruits are on the way. It's about time!

Back