• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-NC State: 3PM RSN

This better be a win.
I am so tired of Wellman,Buzz and Grobe
Even if it is a win, blah.
Grobe Sucks !

This better be a win.
I am so tired of Wellman,Buzz and Grobe
Even if it is a win, blah.
Grobe Sucks !

Care to elaborate why Coach Grobe sucks? If we win we're bowl eligible.

What's "blah" about being bowl eligible?

Dang was hoping for a night game. Gonna have to settle for listening to it on the radio on the way back from work training. Boo.

What's "blah" about being bowl eligible?

Victories over Liberty, UNC, Army, UVa and BC. Does that sound like a quality bowl team? If eligible, I can only imagine how horrible of a bowl game we'd be sent to. Sounds pretty blah to me. Beat NCSU & Vandy and I'd feel somewhat better about this season.

Victories over Liberty, UNC, Army, UVa and BC. Does that sound like a quality bowl team? If eligible, I can only imagine how horrible of a bowl game we'd be sent to. Sounds pretty blah to me. Beat NCSU & Vandy and I'd feel somewhat better about this season.

Throw Duke and Maryland in there...does 7-2 with wins over Liberty, UNC, Army, UVA, BC, Duke and Maryland sound like a "quality bowl team"?
Who the hell cares as long as we make it to a bowl. I'd love to be 7-2 right now, or even 6-3, but another win over Duke or Maryland wouldn't make this team any better than it is right now.

If we get to 6 wins odds are we will go to a much better bowl than a team in our situation would normally be in because of a few factors.

Good lord do we sound entitled as fans.

I'm also tired of hearing the "we don't deserve as bowl" BS. If you win 6 games you make a bowl. Whether or not you think that's fair doesn't mean you should take it out on Wake. Some of you sound like you'd rather not make a bowl at all because we "aren't that good".

If we win on Saturday then we will do something that likely only 5 other ACC teams do. I'm proud of our guys for making a bowl, even if some of us think it's worthless or "blah" to watch.

Last edited:
Watching our team is blah. The games against Liberty, Duke, Maryland, UVA, and BC were absolutely painful to watch even though we won three of them. The UNC game was a good game, and the offense against Army made that the same. We saw some talent on the field in the form of FSU and Clemson. And were absolutely dismantled by both. We're just a blah program this year.

On the plus side, pulling off a bowl trip in a year like this when we really are pretty bad would almost make up for giving away a bowl trip in 2009, when we were clearly better than this year. So there's that.

Wake only had four chances to get a win over a "good" team: Notre Dame, Clemson, FSU, and UNC and we beat one of them.

Since we aren't going to beat ND it does suck that we didn't beat any of the other three, but they're all top 15 teams in the nation. Wake doesn't have the best track record against them. So given that, does it suck that we lost to Duke and Maryland and have looked bad playing most other teams? Absolutely, but it's not like we had a huge chance to beat that many good teams this year when the ACC is so bad. Do I think we're bad? Yes. Do I care if we're bad if we make a bowl game and get to add that to our recruiting trail? No.

How was Saturday's game blah? If it was, blame BC, not us

I have been watching this cluster fuck of a coach for way to many years now, I now have a fucking headache over it.
I used to believe and spend BIG bucks on it. NOT ANYMORE!
Fuck me once shame on You ! Fuck me twice shame on all of us!
He got lucky in 2006 with several games that could have gone either way, and stumbled into the ACC win with a field goal.
He then proceeded to get his ass handed to him in the Orange Bowl.
Hell App State would kick our D1 A ass's all the way to Florida if we were to play them even now with their D1 2a team.
Hell Yeah Wake Forest ! we really kick fucking ass don't we!

Pathetic for the Millions he has taken from the University ! and all of us to boot.

Actually Wake would be a one point favorite over App on a neutral field, we would however be underdogs to 15 FCS schools right now.

North Dakota State is the 45th best team in the country according to Sagarin though so that's cool.

As frustrating as years like this are, some of you either haven't been around long enough, or have completely forgotten what it used to be like. When I was growing up as a fan of another ACC school further south, WF was a laughing stock homecoming game every year. Now, teams watch out for us because they know we are dangerous. I get mad and scream as much as anyone on here on Saturdays, but Grobe has led us to almost half of our bowl games in the more than 100 year history of football at Wake. All bowl games are is the chance for more practice, the chance to play a team you normally wouldn't, and the chance for fans and athletes to have a fun trip option during the holiday season. Grobe in no way should be fired, and he can stay as long as he wants. Of course I wish he'd make some changes on the coaching staff or tweak his game day philosophy, but its not going to happen. There are a ton of schools with far more resources, and far less stringent academic requirements that would kill for 5 wins right now. At the end of the day, none of us went to WF because of its football team. The fact that we even have a D-1 football team is still baffling to many around the country given our size, academics, etc. Therefore, I would rather have a class act coach I can be proud of affiliating with MSD, as well as a competitive football team that is fighting for lower tier bowl games, than a slimy dirtbag who would do anything to win a championship. We are lucky as hell.

Last edited:
As frustrating as years like this are, some of you either haven't been around long enough, or have completely forgotten what it used to be like. When I was growing up as a fan of another ACC school further south, WF was a laughing stock homecoming game every year. Now, teams watch out for us because they know we are dangerous. I get mad and scream as much as anyone on here on Saturdays, but Grobe has led us to almost half of our bowl games in the more than 100 year history of football at Wake. All bowl games are is the chance for more practice, the chance to play a team you normally wouldn't, and the chance for fans and athletes to have a fun trip option during the holiday season. Grobe in no way should be fired, and he can stay as long as he wants. Of course I wish he'd make some changes on the coaching staff or tweak his game day philosophy, but its not going to happen. There are a ton of schools with far more resources, and far less stringent academic requirements that would kill for 5 wins right now. At the end of the day, none of us went to WF because of its football team. The fact that we even have a D-1 football team is still baffling to many around the country given our size, academics, etc. Therefore, I would rather have a class act coach I can be proud of affiliating with MSD, as well as a competitive football team that is fighting for lower tiers bowl games, than a slimy dirtbag who would do anything to win a championship. We are lucky as hell.

AMEN

As frustrating as years like this are, some of you either haven't been around long enough, or have completely forgotten what it used to be like. When I was growing up as a fan of another ACC school further south, WF was a laughing stock homecoming game every year. Now, teams watch out for us because they know we are dangerous. I get mad and scream as much as anyone on here on Saturdays, but Grobe has led us to almost half of our bowl games in the more than 100 year history of football at Wake. All bowl games are is the chance for more practice, the chance to play a team you normally wouldn't, and the chance for fans and athletes to have a fun trip option during the holiday season. Grobe in no way should be fired, and he can stay as long as he wants. Of course I wish he'd make some changes on the coaching staff or tweak his game day philosophy, but its not going to happen. There are a ton of schools with far more resources, and far less stringent academic requirements that would kill for 5 wins right now. At the end of the day, none of us went to WF because of its football team. The fact that we even have a D-1 football team is still baffling to many around the country given our size, academics, etc. Therefore, I would rather have a class act coach I can be proud of affiliating with MSD, as well as a competitive football team that is fighting for lower tier bowl games, than a slimy dirtbag who would do anything to win a championship. We are lucky as hell.

BULLSHIT ! People like you along with these ass wipes are the reason we suck !
By the way, class of 1957 here so stop making excuses, I have heard them all.
Nothing personal of course.

To tell off
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: reprimand; criticize harshly
Synonyms: berate, censure, chide, give piece of one's mind, give tongue-lashing, lecture, rail, rake over the coals, rebuke, reproach, reprove, revile, scold, take to task, tick off, upbraid, vituperate

Last edited:
How was Saturday's game blah? If it was, blame BC, not us

Agreed. First time we clearly "played to win" in a long while. BC is not good (actually pretty bad), but we made several big stops on 3rd and 4th down, plus hit a couple on 4th or 3rd and long ourselves. A beautiful day for tailgating and a good effort by the Deacs while I sat in a chairback with a great view of the field (as are all seats at BB&T).

Dixie is right on. Twos dick seems to be a high school poster who just got here. For gods sake we went to the damn orange bowl people.

You do realize that UVa destroyed State this weekend?

You do realize that UVa destroyed State this weekend?

I'm calling that a trap game for NCSU since they were coming off a heartbreaking loss to UNC. We'll see. Like I said, if we manage to beat both NCSU and Vandy I'll be okay with this season.

Back