• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Notre Dame | 7:00PM | ESPNU/WatchESPN

SpringChicken

Reaction score
The last meeting was an historic result in that [NR] got an ACC tournament win (81-69 in the first round).

Vegas has the Irish as 11-13 point favorites, around 12 as of this post.

I'm not optimistic (well, I think we probably cover), but that's just me. Anyone think we win?

Go Deacs!

We beat ND in the ACCT? Man, I don't remember that at all. I mean, AT ALL.

i might just be too optimistic after the last game and i've seen notre dame play for a combined 0 seconds this year, but this looks like another good matchup for us.

ND is a small team and they rely on outside shooting and are pretty poor on the glass, all of which play into our strengths.

I think we lose and ND covers. Not a commentary on how things are progressing with the team... Just seems like a tough spot. I don't think we have an answer for Grant.

We beat ND in the ACCT? Man, I don't remember that at all. I mean, AT ALL.

Some additional details: we were the 12 seed, ND was 13. Coron Williams, Rountree, and M.O. shot 7-9 from 3 pt (with a McKie miss making it 70%) and we hit 61% from the field. 75% FT (24-32). DT with 19 and 10 (and 5 assists, one shy of team high).

That was a 15-17 ND team (6-12 ACC) which was undoubtedly worse than today's 22-4 (10-3, #18 KenPom) team. Then again, we were a [NR] team. So...it's a wash!

Deacs come out flat after the UVa letdown. ND covers.

I am hoping ND comes out rusty to the lay off since their trip to Clemson. They tried twice last year to stop Devin and they could not do it. This year's ND team is no different in that aspect, so if the refs allow him to log his minutes, he should have zero trouble scoring/rebounding tonight. ND is a weak offensive rebounding team so if they are missing their 3's tonight, Wake should hopefully limit them to one shot. They are one of the best at not turning the ball over so we can't expect many points off turnovers. A key stat might be that Wake is the best in the ACC at getting to the free throw line & ND is the best at not putting teams on the free throw line so although we suck at shooting them, I'm hoping aggressive drives can lead to free throws. I can't expect Wake to pull out the victory, but I do expect the final to be within single digits.

So, far DM has gotten the guys ready after the disappointing losses. I expect no different tonight. But will it be enough for a win?

The downside of the four out is they have to guard one of our bigs on the other end. There are mismatches created on both ends of the floor. I've seen ND play about 5 minutes this season. They've been off for a week, let's hope for a rusty effort.

Yeah I don't see how this is a good matchup for wake at all. Our defense will be atrocious.

ND defense isn't all that either. You guys will put points up on them. Get their big in to foul trouble and they don't have a replacement. You guys will get plenty of open looks, just have to knock them down.

Devin is going to have to score 20+ for Wake to have a chance tonight. Good chance for him to get out of his funk tonight.

The downside of the four out is they have to guard one of our bigs on the other end. There are mismatches created on both ends of the floor. I've seen ND play about 5 minutes this season. They've been off for a week, let's hope for a rusty effort.

The issue with that is that, aside from Devin, our bigs don't play close to the basket. Advantage negated, although I guess it means Dinos gets to shoot over a short guy.

You guys really don't remember Wake winning an ACCT game last year? I get that it was before the tournament used to start and I can understand not remembering until someone said that Wake beat ND in a game, but to not remember that Wake won a game at all really just requires a ridiculous level of apathy. I guess that's on [Redacted] to some extent but if you post religiously on the Wake message board it seems odd not to remember Wake winning an ACCT game after it's mentioned by others.

I didn't believe that it happened until I looked it up on wakeforestsports

I mean, to be fair, I only remember that I watched it, and that it happened. Not much else. And I'm "betterphan09".

Back