• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Ranked 24th (Coaches)

Well deserved.

To me it’s the top 8 ranked teams plus Notre Dame, then I think we can beat anyone after that at least 50-50.

This team is good, Newman is spinning it, and the defense is making fewer mistakes.

Stay healthy.

If Deacs are ranked then they need to remain ranked. I’m good with possible successful results at BC serving as the obstacle to overcome for WF to be ranked and watched by all who follow ranked teams. And if BC is a bust then I’m good with WF having to garner many more wins to be ranked at all. There are advantages to a slow boil.

Way back before Wellman tanked the program and became the hero of the culture club blue hairs (and a handful of really wealthy donors).

If Deacs are ranked then they need to remain ranked. I’m good with possible successful results at BC serving as the obstacle to overcome for WF to be ranked and watched by all who follow ranked teams. And if BC is a bust then I’m good with WF having to garner many more wins to be ranked at all. There are advantages to a slow boil.

Not in this situation. Out of sight (not ranked) means out of mind and unimportant. Wake needs to get ranked sooner rather than later and go from there.

I want to see "Wake Forest" on the ESPN and Foxsports and other "crawls" every five minutes, not once or twice an hour.

I want two paragraphs about Wake in every newspaper's "Top 25 roundup" every week.

Get in the top 25. Slow boil for top 10 if you like.

This year's Wake offense is special. Probably half a dozen guys who will eventually get at least a cup of coffee in the NFL. And the defense is getting better with every game it plays. The young guys are getting experience on the field.

just read those bowl predictions:
1. LOL that both of those guys still have UNC in a bowl.
2. Playing UF in the Citrus Bowl would be phenomenal.

u1jQsNU.png

Not sure where to put this but Kenny Pickett won ACC QB of the week with 220 yards passing and 1 TD and a QBR of 45.7. Laughable doesn’t even cut it. Should light a little fire under Jamie for the BC game.

Not sure where to put this but Kenny Pickett won ACC QB of the week with 220 yards passing and 1 TD and a QBR of 45.7. Laughable doesn’t even cut it. Should light a little fire under Jamie for the BC game.

He also ran for 61 yards, caught the game winning TD pass, and got knocked out of the game against a ranked opponent who hadn't lost in 28 straight regular season games.

Curious where you got that 45.7 number, I can't find it.

Back