• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Richmond Game

In addition, I was at the Wake-VPI game last season and it was nowhere near capacity. Attendance was 4,985 from their official site. Wake probably hasn't had one that low in 10 years in an ACC game (probably longer).

Here's a picture of the crowd:

basketball-cassell-justin_bibbs-wake-9282-XL.jpg

I know it's never good to respond to anonymous taggers but suck it "red bars".

Richmond lost to Bucknell last night (73-68).

Bucknell led the entire 2nd half. Bucknell shot 41% from 3; the Spiders 21%. Richmond also shot 53% from the line. Fully expect Richmond to shoot much better on Saturday. BTW, the Bucknell win is looking pretty good. They are 6-2 with wins over Vandy and Richmond.

TJ Cline is still at Richmond. I can only assume he is a 9th year senior at this point and will demoralize us with his old-man strength.

TJ Cline is still at Richmond. I can only assume he is a 9th year senior at this point and will demoralize us with his old-man strength.

Yeah when I saw his name in a box score earlier this year I was in shock. Was sure he had graduated 2 years ago.

Same thing with Phil Forte, who is STILL at Okie State.

I can't believe Justin Jackson for UNC is just a junior. I feel like he's been there a minute.

In addition, I was at the Wake-VPI game last season and it was nowhere near capacity. Attendance was 4,985 from their official site. Wake probably hasn't had one that low in 10 years in an ACC game (probably longer).

Here's a picture of the crowd:

basketball-cassell-justin_bibbs-wake-9282-XL.jpg

Still a good looking venue. This is what Richmond looks like with similar attendance:

maxresdefault.jpg

If we lose any of our next three games (Richmond, Charlotte, and UNCG) then I believe people can hit the panic button. We should be nothing less than 8-2 going into the Xavier game.

I think most on this Board will be ecstatic IF Wake wins all 3 and not surprised if Wake drops 1. More than 1 = panic button.

Edit: I see that point was made earlier

Last edited:
I think most on this Board will be ecstatic IF Wake wins all 3 and not surprised if Wake drops 1. More than 1 = panic button.

Edit: I see that point was made earlier

Panic as in we are probably headed for a 15-16 win season. If that's the expectation for most people, then we'd be right on schedule. If you're expecting 19-20 wins, then I'd say you can panic.

Also, I say "panic" because of the colossal collapse people had on here during the Northwestern game. So I think panic would accurately describe what would happen if we lose to Richmond on Saturday. Nobody can deny that utter meltdown people had after losing to a respectable NW team. I didn't think we would win, I thought it'd be close, but a 78-75 score instead of the poor shooting and high turnover margin.

I fully expect to win on Saturday. And I fully expect to beat Charlotte and UNCG as well. If we don't, then it will be clear that we still have a ways to go. Losses to NW and Villanova don't do much damage unless we're squarely on the bubble in March, looking for signature wins that separate us from teams like NW.

Panic as in we are probably headed for a 15-16 win season. If that's the expectation for most people, then we'd be right on schedule. If you're expecting 19-20 wins, then I'd say you can panic.

Kind of related: Went to the Pitt/MD game Tuesday night, and came away very impressed by the size, poise and athletic ability of Pitt (Pitt exposed unbeaten MD leading by 26 at MD at one point before winning by 14; every Pitt is starter is 6-6 or bigger and they can shoot). According to kenpom and most prognosticators, Pitt is considered a bottom-half ACC team that WF would be competing with to get to 16+ wins. Bottom line is the ACC is ridiculously good this year. So, if WF is going to have a winning record or hope to even get in the "on the bubble" talk, WF must rack up all of the OOC wins it can because come January it's going to be very tough for everybody. While losing the Richmond game wouldn't end all hopes for the season, it would be a game that the team and fans would look back on as a loss that materially impacted the view of this season.

Exactly, Pilch. And that's "Kenpom said we'd lose" crowd is off base. We need to be better than .500 and we can't blow chances to do that.

Kind of related: Went to the Pitt/MD game Tuesday night, and came away very impressed by the size, poise and athletic ability of Pitt (Pitt exposed unbeaten MD leading by 26 at MD at one point before winning by 14; every Pitt is starter is 6-6 or bigger and they can shoot). According to kenpom and most prognosticators, Pitt is considered a bottom-half ACC team that WF would be competing with to get to 16+ wins. Bottom line is the ACC is ridiculously good this year. So, if WF is going to have a winning record or hope to even get in the "on the bubble" talk, WF must rack up all of the OOC wins it can because come January it's going to be very tough for everybody. While losing the Richmond game wouldn't end all hopes for the season, it would be a game that the team and fans would look back on as a loss that materially impacted the view of this season.

Getting even more off track... It is weird to see Kevin Stallings on the Pitt bench (and in the ACC). So far, it looks like he made a good move from Vandy to Pitt... Pitt is clearly off to a much better start than the Commodores. Interesting that they both played Marquette on a neutral floor already this season... Vastly different results.

Stallings move to Pitt was a good one for this season as Pitt has a very experienced and solid team (among schools in the top 6 conferences, that's 75 schools, Pitt has the 5th most experienced team in the country), but four of their 5 starters are seniors, and it looks like they have only one solid player in their sophomore and freshman classes; so, Stallings is going to need to recruit on a high level over the next couple of years for Pitt basketball to stay on the level reached under Jamie Dixon.

Back