• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Can't find any info on the BC match. Did it happen???
Only thing I've seen is that first serve was 6 hours ago and that there was no live scoring and no live tweeting. Can we go ahead and kick BC out of the conference?

Only thing I've seen is that first serve was 6 hours ago and that there was no live scoring and no live tweeting. Can we go ahead and kick BC out of the conference?

It's insane. Their men's tennis team doesn't even have a twitter feed.

We won 6-1. Only loss 6 singles.

Their men's team is the only tennis team in the conference (men's or women's) that doesn't give scholarships, so it's hard to fault them for not investing in other stuff too. Their facility is garbage too: they play most of their matches on four courts inside the student rec center, where you have a running track around the back of the courts and students on treadmills and lifting weights 15 feet away from where the players are treating. They basically treat men's tennis like a D-3 sport, and, as such, are DFL in the conference basically every year.

We like to think we're LOWF, but the BC athletic department has to be in the worst shape in the conference. They have a bunch more sports than we do and no money to go around to spend on them. But even given those challenges, the fact that they basically mail it in on sports like MTEN should be unacceptable in a conference like the ACC, IMO. Will be interesting to see if their new AD who is coming from Ohio State (incidentally a big tennis school) will change that.

The other day I was trying to figure out when they last won an ACC match (or if they ever have), and as best I could tell their website doesn't even have previous season archives.

While we are discussing BC, is their men's soccer championship in 2007 their only ACC championship in any sport?

The other day I was trying to figure out when they last won an ACC match (or if they ever have), and as best I could tell their website doesn't even have previous season archives.

According to the ACC site, they haven't won a conference match since at least 2012. 2012 was Bresky's first season and they came really close to beating us (it was a tight 4-3 if I remember correctly.) I'm pretty sure they won a match or two that year too, maybe Miami and/or NC State.

Last edited:
While we are discussing BC, is their men's soccer championship in 2007 their only ACC championship in any sport?

According to Wikipedia, yes. They lost the ACCCG in football a couple times and came up two points short of beating JJ Reddick's Duke in the ACC tourney final once. But since 2010, they've bee pretty rough across the board.

Thanks for the info. It appears that in 2009 BC women's soccer tied for the best regular season record, so that could be counted as a conference championship (even though they did not win the conference tournament).

BC has won 2 ACC matches since joining the conference. Clemson in 2008 and Miami in 2012.

Interesting stuff.

Deacs took doubles point vs ND. Won 1st set on 5 cts but currently in several tight 2nd sets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Deacs win. Currently 4-1. Bout to drop one and one will be 10 point breaker.

it's fun to shit on BC, for sure, but to be fair, they've been to the Frozen Four more than any other school and have 5 NCAA hockey championships including 3 in the past the past 10 years

so they do succeed at the highest level in one sport; just not an ACC sport

Only 60 schools play ncaa hockey. 21 of those are d 2 or d3 playing up for hockey only. So maybe not that impressive

Back