• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-UNC Game Thread - 8:00 pm

I can't believe we are only 9 point dogs. We could lose by 30 if they play with a brain.

No way can they win by 30. Last year was 15 & they were a better team & Wake was worse & the game was at NC. Remember this team got rolled by Pastner.

Hoping UNC is overlooking Wake in expectation of their big match up with F$U on the weekend. That said, I'll say Wake wins the first half 42-39 and UNC takes the second half 63-27...

The second half margin is off, but this seems about right. Wake will be close at halftime, maybe even leading. UNC staff makes gameplan adjustments, ours does not. Final should be something like 85-71 UNC.

Is the line really 9? If so I'm taking Wake and the points. We will be in the game in the final minute but I could see the margin in a loss creeping up to 6 or 7 if we are down and foul to extend the game.

I think the 3s fall tonight and we hold off a furious run to win by <5.

Y'all know that Carolina lost to Georgia Tech by double digits, right?

What's Kenpom have it at? -6.5ish I would guess. And it's a trap game for UNC and first game back for students.

kenpom says UNC -6, right where it opened.

two trends pushing line, UNC is a public team and public loves road favorites.

opened -6 and bet to -9.

According to Las Vegas Insider, the line opened at 8, moved up to 9 and is now at 8.5:

8:00 PM EST

739 NORTH CAROLINA
-8 -21
-9 / -9 -05 / -8.5
-8.5 -15

740 WAKE FOREST
166.5 / 165u15 / 164.5

What is most surprising to me is that tip-off is less than six hours away and we haven't had any posts yet about all the bad calls from the referees that we are going to get tonight.

those might be the lines at a specific book that opened after consensus movement, the VegasInsider consensus opened at -6.

v3ftzm.jpg

This is not to say it couldn't happen, but so far this season there have been 25 games played in the ACC, and the road team has won 6 of them. Out of those 6 there has been one game that the opposing team won by double digits, and that was Louisville (No. 8 KP) @ Georgia Tech (No. 145 in KP, the same GT team who beat UNC).

9 points is a lot on the road in the ACC, especially against a top 50 team.

I have this gut feeling the deacs pull it out tonight. Then again, I did just recently get over the stomach bug.

Wake +4.5 first half seems like a good bet.

Back