• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Virginia Tech Game Thread

MACdeac - be a passionate fan, scream at the TV, find it hard to sleep or eat after a tough loss, but you can't go as far as you did. These are still 18 year old kids. And, if he were my son I'd be very proud - attending one of the better universities in the country and a scholarship athlete - a lot to be proud of.

I'll have to say it based on Bzz's explanation. If his intent was to allow CJ to get to the rim by making VT guard the 3, then it worked. It just went along with CJ's day, certainly the shot he wanted.

Fuck you, Jeff....I hate your very existence. You took something from me that I used to be so passionate about and absolutely destroyed it. Resign.....NOW.

Or if you're down 3 and need a 3 point shooter. Definitely not if the ball is going to be in the hands of your best scoters going to the basket down 1.

Poor coaching but that's what we've come to expect. CMM, CJ, Rountree, Travis, and Devin on both ends was the right play.

Sage words Mr. PH. Coaching 101. This stuff really isn't that hard. You're on the road, you can't count on getting a call and FT. Win the game!! And use your best players to do it. Sick of the coddling of guys who do one thing (occasional 3, good FT shooter) well. Play the guys with the tool bag. But alas, we have a "tool bag" for a coach. Fuck.

complain all you want to about Bzz, but leave the players alone. Enough said

Chase is just horrible. Horrible defensive and rebounding liability. His shooting even has been bad once we started playing real D-1 teams. Tree has got to take his minutes. If Chase doesn't score 10 points/game, he needs to be on the bench.

What do you want? For him to be all smiles? Then you would complain that he doesn't care. I am Bzzout too, but complaining about every single thing cheapens it after a while.

I'm an awful loser and that attitude was over the top. Not good sportsmanship. If he is mad maybe for once he would stand up to the refs.

Bzz

- we got exactly what we wanted
- put tyler in there instead of Deven to space the court so we could open up the lane
- thought we did a good job on Green
- one of those deals where we didn't convert at the end
- CJ struggled shooting, had great looks, put it in his hands, so be it.
- coming out of the half, didn't want to just settle for shots
- cj took it to the rim and passes to Moto and he jacks it
- always wanted to make sure we had two guys in front of green every time
- he goes coast to coast and rim to rim, that's born out of inefficient offense
- during timeout we said no 3's, but we were soft on him, allowed him to raise
- I told our players, the effort, everything was great, we need to convert around the rim
- no pity parties here, if you are going to hang your head it's going to be tough

Pretty spot on. Hard to criticize the last play - worked perfectly. Cav was 2/2 from deep so you can't leave him - opened up the lane.

Moto really killed us in the 2nd half with his decision making. Bad 3's, offensive foul, very bad timing. Travis bailed him out.

I don't understand the Chase versus Rountree minutes. At least Moto plays solid defense. Codi was great on Green all night - very impressed.

Bzz

- we got exactly what we wanted
- put tyler in there instead of Deven to space the court so we could open up the lane
- thought we did a good job on Green
- one of those deals where we didn't convert at the end
- CJ struggled shooting, had great looks, put it in his hands, so be it.
- coming out of the half, didn't want to just settle for shots
- cj took it to the rim and passes to Moto and he jacks it
- always wanted to make sure we had two guys in front of green every time
- he goes coast to coast and rim to rim, that's born out of inefficient offense
- during timeout we said no 3's, but we were soft on him, allowed him to raise
- I told our players, the effort, everything was great, we need to convert around the rim
- no pity parties here, if you are going to hang your head it's going to be tough

Which is exactly what he did in the handshake line.

Sage words Mr. PH. Coaching 101. This stuff really isn't that hard. You're on the road, you can't count on getting a call and FT. Win the game!! And use your best players to do it. Sick of the coddling of guys who do one thing (occasional 3, good FT shooter) well. Play the guys with the tool bag. But alas, we have a "tool bag" for a coach. Fuck.

Sorry, but somewhat BS, if Devin is in there the lane is not that wide open. It was shocking how CJ had a wide open lane to the hoop with 8 seconds left.

And as others have said, right now the odds are that most of our frosh are missing a pressure shot at the rim.

tumblr_maauit9rJn1qi27l2.jpg

I'm an awful loser and that attitude was over the top. Not good sportsmanship. If he is mad maybe for once he would stand up to the refs.

In fairness, he did shake hands with all of them. It isn't like he pouted and stormed off of the court without shaking hands with the other team. He gives us plenty of material to complain about. But this just isn't as high on my list.

High on the list against Bzz is that you're guaranteed to lose at least half of your games with his road woes.

Was everyone's game on TV played off a computer and had a horrible picture? If not, the local affiliate for me did just that. It was like watching an (illegal) internet feed but actually legal and on TV. Weirdest crap ever and I sincerely hope this was on the carrier's end and not on the ACC Network. They couldn't even bother to actually get a TV feed? Oh well, made me not watch much of the game so I don't really mind it.

If CJ makes that layup then Bz is a genius for the play design. I feel for him because he can do no right with many of you. Makes me want to pull harder for him against my better judgment.
It didn't work out. Can't blame the coach IMO because it was well designed and we got the look we wanted. Should have got the foul call on CJ in my opinion. I was happy to not have Devin in for the last play as they had 6 team fouls. CJ was supposed to make the layup or get the foul call. He knew it as the game ended.
Who could begrudge the coach for being upset 5 sec after the game ended. Team got hosed in that game. I couldn't have done much better than he did.

Gotta feel for CJ, he just couldn't buy one. Sometimes that happens. Thought CMM and Devin played well.

So sick of losing.

Back