• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ware Injury

WFU1990

Reaction score
That was the worst things I have seen since Theisman. Prayers for his recovery, and props for his request for his team to win the game. Classic sports moment, regardless of your allegiances.

Out of surgery. Re-set tib fracture, repaired wound and inserted a rod into his tibia. He was in surgery while the Cards were celebrating their win.

And he's on some sweet drugs and sleeping right now. My prayers are with that kid that he can play ball again.

How on earth did it just snap like that? I've never seen an injury like that before...thankfully. Makes me afraid to run and jump.

Sent from my iPhone

BGvGy3zCcAItUir.jpg

Best part was the bench's 2 second delayed reaction... everyone gives the "AHHHH" and turns away.

It's freakish because he really didn't land wrong. Theisman was in the wrong place at the wrong time with opposing forces of nature. This was a basic landing and snap. I got nothing.

It's freakish because he really didn't land wrong. Theisman was in the wrong place at the wrong time with opposing forces of nature. This was a basic landing and snap. I got nothing.

I'm going to go with bone CA.

Probably not, but the way he landed on it - I don't know.

they said it was the specific angle and force with which he landed and that it was a "bending" injury... like snapping a pencil.

not career-ending but 6-8 month recovery (if not a bit longer since it was compound). likened to Michael Bush's injury while at U of L in '06.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2041241

Last edited:

Yeah both Theisman and most recently Marcus Lattimore made sense, but Ware just seemed to land normally and his leg just snapped in half. It was like his bone was already weak

Sent from my iPhone

Here is a higher resolution shot of the injury. I'm hiding it behind spoiler tags because it's pretty gruesome...

6gWpoez.jpg

Here is a higher resolution shot of the injury. I'm hiding it behind spoiler tags because it's pretty gruesome...

6gWpoez.jpg
Damn. Damn. Damn. Crazy something so gruesome can happen from just jumping up and landing wrong.

6gWpoez.jpg

Oh man - hadn't seen that close up yet. Heard someone on the Louisville bench barfed all over the place...

Glad not career ending. Heart goes out. Felt for team and Ware.

Wonder if elevated floor could bear some responsibility? Hopefully that'll be investigated thoroughly

holy shit that hi-res photo is barftastic. Check out the guy behind the UPS logo.

If anyone is awake, please tell me how to view it. Thanks.

Back