• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Webb Simpson Picked for President's Cup Team

deacz

Reaction score
Webb joins Bill Haas, who finished eighth in points. Good for Webb, who is a solid team event player. He actually barely missed qualifying - Zach Johnson beat him out in the final round at Deutsche Bank (they were actually paired together).

Couples also picked Jordan Speith, who earned enough points this year alone to make the top 20. He has played as well as anyone the last few months. Looks like Couples made the right two picks, as DJ has not played well and I can't handle watching Jim Furyk back off putts 8 times on every green.

Figured Price would go with Leishman and de Jonge. And figured we'd go with Spieth and either Webb or DJ.

Really shocked he picked Webb over DJ.

Speith is a great pick.

“All along, I was going to take No. 11,” Couples said. “And with Webb being in the top 10 for two years only to get pushed out with one putt – there was no way I could leave him off. Webb is a world-class player and a great teammate."
“As for Jordan, I feel like he is one of our top players, even though he is only 20. I’m excited to have a young kid on the Team. I left Keegan out two years ago, and that was a killer decision, and he has become one of the best young players in the game. It’s a team game, and everybody I talked to on the team wanted Spieth. He definitely deserves it.”

Yeah the young guys get up more for this stuff than the established guys like Tiger, Phil, and Furyk

Very surprised Webb got picked given he has missed the 3 cuts at the Memorial. Love the Spieth pick, but he did shoot 82 in the 3rd round there this year. I thought Freddie was going to take DJ and Furyk and bring Spieth along to have in the team room like Kaymer in 08 at Valhalla.

Either Furyk is livid or he texted with Freddie and told him he needs a full offseason.

Back