• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

So I'm thinking about getting a Nexus tablet to go along with my N5, whenever my N5 fucking ships.

I was thinking about getting a Nexus 7, but it's sort of tiny and I don't really see how I'd have much use for it. I'd like a Nexus 10, but if I'm gonna do that I wanna wait for the Nexus 10 2 to be released, since that's rumored to be out sometime this quarter. Nothing's confirmed there, though, so I'm either a.) getting a Nexus 7, or b.) waiting around for the release of something that may or may not be coming.

Anybody out there have a N7 and/or is it cool?

I have a first run N7 that I like a lot. Screen size is kinda small, but that hasn't really been an issue except for reading textbooks on it. What do you want to do on the device?

I actually got a case that lets me sit it up kickstand style and a bluetooth keyboard and pretty much exclusively used it for note taking last semester.

I looked at the Moto maker site, but didn't see the wood back. When is that out? I wanted to recommend a new phone for stratt.

I have a first run N7 that I like a lot. Screen size is kinda small, but that hasn't really been an issue except for reading textbooks on it. What do you want to do on the device?

I actually got a case that lets me sit it up kickstand style and a bluetooth keyboard and pretty much exclusively used it for note taking last semester.

I'd probably just use it for internet/netflix. I guess it probably makes more sense than a N10.2 anyway, since it'll be $100 or so cheaper. HMM.

So I'm thinking about getting a Nexus tablet to go along with my N5, whenever my N5 fucking ships.

I was thinking about getting a Nexus 7, but it's sort of tiny and I don't really see how I'd have much use for it. I'd like a Nexus 10, but if I'm gonna do that I wanna wait for the Nexus 10 2 to be released, since that's rumored to be out sometime this quarter. Nothing's confirmed there, though, so I'm either a.) getting a Nexus 7, or b.) waiting around for the release of something that may or may not be coming.

Anybody out there have a N7 and/or is it cool?

I have a new Nexus 7 and absolutely love it. I had a 10" Asus Transformer, which was good too, but I prefer the size of the N7. Fits in jacket/pant pockets, plenty big to read or watch videos, solid battery life, snappy performance, great price, would highly recommend.

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

I'd probably just use it for internet/netflix. I guess it probably makes more sense than a N10.2 anyway, since it'll be $100 or so cheaper. HMM.

Yeah just for those use cases you might as well go w/ the N7.

And the newer one is even slimmer/neater than my old one (which I use for netflix/hbogo also btw).

Sucks that it isn't working out for you. I had to move to a different launcher to fix some of my issues. Couldn't hurt to try that I guess?

yes, forgot about the launcher. I'll try it.

re: tablets. I have an N10 and love it. didn't really see the point of the 7 since I already have a phone and mostly use it for the same things. may as well have a 5" and a 10" device in my mind but I'm not concerned about portability.

Last edited:
oh yeah, cod showed me that last night. I need to get on that. no idea what I'd spend the credit on but eh, could be useful.

oh yeah, cod showed me that last night. I need to get on that. no idea what I'd spend the credit on but eh, could be useful.

There are several $2-3 apps that I'd like, so I'm just saving for those. Up to $2 already, will buy an app with one more survey. These surveys take 2 minutes, tops; no reason for everyone on Android not to be doing this.

how long would it take to earn an N5? ;)

for reals, $6-10 would get an ebook or album download. not bad.

Man, I jumped ahead of TW and now he's ahead of me, only gotten 1.25 so far... the .25 was for a one question survey haha.

how long would it take to earn an N5? ;)

for reals, $6-10 would get an ebook or album download. not bad.

They typically don't allow you to use credits (including gift cards) on products, only apps/downloads. There was a story about some guy who wanted a tablet for Christmas, and asked for and received Play gift cards, only to find out that he couldn't use them to purchase the device.

They typically don't allow you to use credits (including gift cards) on products, only apps/downloads. There was a story about some guy who wanted a tablet for Christmas, and asked for and received Play gift cards, only to find out that he couldn't use them to purchase the device.

ah, bummer.

If you don't want the 2 year contract but want a decent phone, what are the options other than what Verizon is throwing out? Theirs isn't that bad but the data plan is not unlimited.

Are you willing to pay the non-subsidized price for a phone? I'm planning on switching to this company called Ting, which works on the Sprint network. You buy the phone, but they only charge you for what you use. There are other options out there as well, but I can't recall the names off the top of my head. Sorry.

Are you willing to pay the non-subsidized price for a phone? I'm planning on switching to this company called Ting, which works on the Sprint network. You buy the phone, but they only charge you for what you use. There are other options out there as well, but I can't recall the names off the top of my head. Sorry.

But then you'd be on the Sprint network?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes I am willing to do that, but I would hope whichever service I use (for example ting) has good coverage/network. After digging a little further, does anyone know what network Virgin Mobile uses or is it their own? I could not find that out.

Back