• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman email ... Bzz staying

Didn't Kitchin confirm it? I know there are at least a couple of Deacon Club Board members that at least peruse the boards and can verify.

I cannot verify the email. However I spoke with a Deacon Club board member in the last 24 hours (before this thread was started) who told me "doesn't seem like we're going to do anything about [Redacted] until next year"

The part that makes me think it's a hoax is the 2.6 GPA line. Usually one omits a GPA under 3.0.

Is 2.6 a cutoff for APR reasons? The quantitative definition of "good standing?"

A few years ago, I would have been disgusted with the state of the program. Now I don't care anymore. I truly believe we are at least 5 years away from having excitement about the program. 2 more years of Bzz (he will take us to depths that have been previously unthinkable...just when we thought we hit bottom, it will get worse). Hire another coach and finish last for a couple of years and finally around 2017 or so, we begin to move up the ladder in the ACC.

Everyone - find something else to do between November and March.

Deacon Club Board-

You have undoubtedly heard that Tony Chennault, Carson Derossiers and Anthony Fields have decided to transfer to another school. Their decisions are disappointing and frustrating to our basketball staff, players and everyone associated with our program. However, it is important that we publicly support their decision and, at the same time, seize the opportunity that this presents.
www.wakeforestsports.com

I just finished reading this entire thread. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there was not a single message in support of either Coach [Redacted] or Mr. Wellman. Is this entire board now united against our coach and athletic director? Just in the last few days I have read many defections from the "culture change" movement. I'm pretty sure that even RJKarl has suggested that he has no confidence in either our coach or athletic director at this point. Has our board ever had such a strong majority on any other issue?

Also - I think that Wellman's email is a hoax. But if it's not, I wonder what he means by, " . . . at the same time, seize the opportunity that this presents." What opportunity does Mr. Wellman see in our current situation? We have a six player class about to enroll. Is Mr. Wellman and/or Coach [Redacted] seriously considering bringing in additional players? Seriously? Also - can someone explain to me whether it is possible for any players in our next class to de-committ? Certainly, they can't be forced to attend WFU. What happens if a committed player elects not to honor his decision? Do they have to sit out for one year? Could they enroll in a prep school and re-open the recruiting process? Certainly some of our recruits, including their parents, have to be deeply concerned about the current situation at WFU. Does anyone have any thoughts on these issues?

Jeff is our coach; start dealing with it. It's all you can do. Worrying won't change anything. Screaming and gritting your teeth won't change anything. The only thing you can control is you attitude. Your lives will be a whole lot more enjoyable if you just let yourselves enjoy the ride.

We haven't hit rock bottom with this clown as our men's basketball head coach yet.

Well, when the trajectory trends upward, it's awful hard to hit bottom. Let's not lose sight of our obvious improvement this year.

The fact that the word sustainable was even used in this email is absurd. The words sustainable cannot be used to describe a program that has had more turnover than any program of recent memory. You can't have sustainability with eight players leaving or transferring in two years.

I just finished reading this entire thread. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there was not a single message in support of either Coach [Redacted] or Mr. Wellman. Is this entire board now united against our coach and athletic director? Just in the last few days I have read many defections from the "culture change" movement. I'm pretty sure that even RJKarl has suggested that he has no confidence in either our coach or athletic director at this point. Has our board ever had such a strong majority on any other issue?

Also - I think that Wellman's email is a hoax. But if it's not, I wonder what he means by, " . . . at the same time, seize the opportunity that this presents." What opportunity does Mr. Wellman see in our current situation? We have a six player class about to enroll. Is Mr. Wellman and/or Coach [Redacted] seriously considering bringing in additional players? Seriously? Also - can someone explain to me whether it is possible for any players in our next class to de-committ? Certainly, they can't be forced to attend WFU. What happens if a committed player elects not to honor his decision? Do they have to sit out for one year? Could they enroll in a prep school and re-open the recruiting process? Certainly some of our recruits, including their parents, have to be deeply concerned about the current situation at WFU. Does anyone have any thoughts on these issues?

If a recruit decides not to go to Wake Forest after signing a LOI then if Wake releases him from his LOI he will be immediately eligible at any school that we do not restrict (normally we would just restrict ACC schools). If we chose not to release him (this would be recruiting suicide btw) then he would have to sit out a year.

You know how the first step towards getting better is admitting that you have a problem?

Well, clearly Ron isn't there yet.

I was forwarded the email by someone I trust very much when it comes to Wake sports. I'd be shocked if it was not legit.

Also, am I wrong or did Wellman misspell Desrosiers?

I'll qualify it by saying Wellman did send a note yesterday. I didn't run through every sentence to get verification...I can try to verify the exact content as well.

I tend to think the email is legit. With that said, Wellman clearly sees his job tied to Bz. I like Ron but I am beginning to question if it isn't time for him to go as well. He sounds almost desperate in the email.

Obviously this pales in comparison, but the Wake PR machine seems to be trying to outdo Penn State's abortion of a plan re: Paterno/Sandusky.

If we can't pay enough to get a new coach, that's ALL on RW. He extended Dino, then fired him, then hired his buddy with a contract longer than he deserved (which would be about a week.) RW should forfeit his own salary to make a little wiggle room for action.

I tend to think the email is legit. With that said, Wellman clearly sees his job tied to Bz. I like Ron but I am beginning to question if it isn't time for him to go as well. He sounds almost desperate in the email.

I guess Wellman didn't invest very well. Making the kinda cash he makes in W-S, he should have millions socked away. The cost of living there is a joke.

Back