• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Ill?

What's that got to do with a seriously ill human being!

Praying for a complete and speedy recovery!

Do exclamation points help the prayers?

I mean to be glib, and I'm not sorry, but throwing out silliness like that just seems a lot more of "look at me, I'm praying!" than "I hope this person gets better."

That said, MMs article was a horribly mistimed joke if Wellman really is going through a serious medical issue.

Do exclamation points help the prayers?

I mean to be glib, and I'm not sorry, but throwing out silliness like that just seems a lot more of "look at me, I'm praying!" than "I hope this person gets better."

Does documenting your "get well" wishes on the internet help make them more effective? Seems more like "look at me, I want some to get well" . . .
Look, we know you not are religious. Neither am I. If Wellman is, he probably appreciates the prayers, just like he appreciates the well-wishes from the Wake community. mebane is making a sympathetic comment just like everyone else. Don't be a dick.
Wait, I mean, "Don't be a dick!". The exclamation points does help, btw.

Vanderbilt's AD was hospitalized recently as well. Unlike Wellman he released a statement.

Vanderbilt athletic director David Williams is back home after being hospitalized and having a procedure for an undisclosed issue. Williams released a statement Thursday night announcing that he had been hospitalized earlier this week after having a "health issue." Williams had a procedure at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

The athletic director says he is recovering at home with his family and doing well. He thanked people for their thoughts and prayers, and Williams says he will be back in the office within the next couple weeks.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11713428/vanderbilt-commodores-ad-david-williams-hospital-procedure

Ron, life is short. You've accomplished all you need to professionally. Once you recover from whatever this is please retire. Spend more time with your family and enjoy life.

Vanderbilt's AD was hospitalized recently as well. Unlike Wellman he released a statement.

Vanderbilt athletic director David Williams is back home after being hospitalized and having a procedure for an undisclosed issue. Williams released a statement Thursday night announcing that he had been hospitalized earlier this week after having a "health issue." Williams had a procedure at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

The athletic director says he is recovering at home with his family and doing well. He thanked people for their thoughts and prayers, and Williams says he will be back in the office within the next couple weeks.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11713428/vanderbilt-commodores-ad-david-williams-hospital-procedure

I wish Ron the best and a full and speedy recovery, but this is just another example of how our Athletic Department operates under a shroud of secrecy and only wants us to know what THEY want us to know. They're so terrified of transparency, because we'll all find out that all is NOT good over there. Their slogan ought to be, "If you bullshit them, they will come...and donate."

For thousands of years, a czar's health has always been shrouded in mystery.

Back