• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman to Marshall: Watch Your Mouth!

FreeStateDeac

Reaction score
Think this is coincidence?

Wichita's path to the Title goes through:

Kentucky
Louisville
Michigan (or Duke)
Arizona
Florida

Looks like Marshall should be available for a Wake job interview by Sunday.

As far as I can tell from the last decade of selection Sundays, the committee doesn't consider conference tournament performance and UK played like dog shit down the stretch. UK was an 8 seed before the tournament and nothing short of beating Florida was going to change that.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. State definitely got in due to their ACC Tournament performance. Virginia was bumped to 1 seed based on their ACCT performance. Back in 2004, MD went from a bubble team to a #4 seed by winning the ACCT.

We lost our #1 seed in 2005 by falling on our face in the ACC tournament.

We lost our #1 seed in 2005 by falling on our face in the ACC tournament.

Yep. We had that #1 seed on lock all season until we got blown out by NC State. God, that season. What could've been.

Probably lost a #2 seed in 2009 if we hadn't gotten ripped apart by Miami.

Even after what we've been through the last 4 years, it still hurts to think about those missed opportunities.

And as much as they hurt, I would gladly return to that type of hurt again.

Even after what we've been through the last 4 years, it still hurts to think about those missed opportunities.

At least we were competing at a high level and nationally recognized during those years, even if we did come up short each postseason. Now? We're irrelevant on the national stage. I have no faith Wellman has any clue on how to get us back there after he spewed his 1 and dones BS on national TV tonight. He will demand our next coach to this philosophy, and if we do, we'll remain irrelevant.

I haven't seen the "1 and done" speech, but it sounds like he was essentially telling prospective coaches that Wake Forest doesn't want to win.

Did the NCAA punish Larry Brown for something that happened over 25 years ago?

Nut punch

I haven't seen the "1 and done" speech, but it sounds like he was essentially telling prospective coaches that Wake Forest doesn't want to win.

Yeah, glad to see him out advertising his incompetence in front of all of his potential hires.

Back