• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

Bzzz should NEVER have been hired. He was an unqualified loser then, and he eventually brought our storied program to its knees. Unforgiveable.

I'm sure the narrative is still that our program was a mess and the Bz cleaned it up and set the table for Manning to come in and make it a success. Remember, Wellman is never wrong.

I will never forgive him for the Bzdick hire and the 6 years he took from every Wake Forest fan. The last two seem to be good and he deserves the credit for that as well but does not outweigh taking us into the dumpster needlessly.

Can't stand the arrogant asshole. I like both Clawson and Manning and think they've both turned in solid performances in their third years. A bowl win and the big dance are tangible signs of progress.

I'm sorry either of them have Wellman as their boss. Wellman almost killed our signature sport and drove away hundreds if not thousands of fans.

Wellman's loyalty to bzzz lost me forever. Sorry.

So this. And the way he trashed the intelligence of the fan base...sorry I can't forgive the guy. Maybe one day, but the wounds are still pretty deep and relatively fresh.

Can't stand the arrogant asshole. I like both Clawson and Manning and think they've both turned in solid performances in their third years. A bowl win and the big dance are tangible signs of progress.

I'm sorry either of them have Wellman as their boss. Wellman almost killed our signature sport and drove away hundreds if not thousands of fans.

Thats the big thing. Getting together to watch games became a thing of the past as Wellman hired a stiff that sent us into the tank. We all got to the point where we didn't care anymore. Hope Bz enjoys the millions he got as a gift from us.

The best argument you could make for Wellman is that he survived the [name redacted] tenure.

F Wellman; he may have survived the [name redacted] tenure but I barely did.

Last edited:
Fuck Wellman for his dirty whisper campaign against Dino, JJ, Teague and Aminu. Totally unforgivable. He can go fuck [Redacted] in his ass.

I may have seen somebody bust a blood vessel in their eye while telling RW off for being an asshole tonight.

They had no clue who he was at the time, and still didn't care after... but, rest assured, our man is still the same entitled jerkoff he's always been.

I loved the outcome tonight, but it was made even sweeter by watching RW sulk in a corner during a win.

Wear your credential, Ron!

I may have seen somebody bust a blood vessel in their eye while telling RW off for being an asshole tonight.

They had no clue who he was at the time, and still didn't care after... but, rest assured, our man is still the same entitled jerkoff he's always been.

I loved the outcome tonight, but it was made even sweeter by watching RW sulk in a corner during a win.

Hahahah, please do tell what happened.

Criticizing Wellman for the Grobe era is just dumb. He put the idea of Wake being competitive in the ACC on the map and Clawson will build on that.

This. I fully understand the anger for bzdicklick but Wellman has done a lot of good at Wake. Look at soccer, tennis, field hockey and other small sports. ACC ship in football. Basketball program #1 under his watch, Football best run in Wake history. Now, despite a rough 6 years, we just won a bowl game with a coach who looks to be rock solid, we look to be building a really strong hoops program, donors of giving BIGLY...and facilities.

I hope we can all agree that RW has done some great things at Wake and that we can forgive him for his mishandling of hiring and keeping bzdelllllick for too long.

As a fan it's hard to see, but 90%(arbitrary number) of division 1 programs fall on hard times. Ebbs and flows, peeks and valleys and whatnot

Come on, friends. This is not about the mistakes...glaring though they be; it's about the good choices in hiring Clawson and Manning!:thumbsup:

Seriously, though I have been hesitant concerning DM particularly, I am seriously impressed that Wellman found these guys and persuaded them to come to Wake. Good work, I think.

LOL. Bruh...

So much sunshine shining up your ass. Think more critically.

Hahahah, please do tell what happened.
I second the request

I really don't understand a mentality of being spoon fed absolute ant shit for 4-6 years and nothing but nasty, disgusting ant shit. And then getting a USDA Choice (not Prime) Ribeye and thinking the person feeding you is a God send.

Some of you people are straight up lemmings that lap at the teat of anybody with presumed powerful influence over things you care about. Quite honestly, I find it pathetic and I hope you all start looking at things more critically in your lives. I truthfully don't understand the mentality I'm reading here about "yeah, it was 6 years of bad, but look at where we are now!"

We are at the same exact spot we were 6 years ago, you idiots. We were a 9 seed last time we were in the tournament. Or was that 7 years ago? Whatever. Point grows stronger with an extra year.

I really don't understand a mentality of being spoon fed absolute ant shit for 4-6 years and nothing but nasty, disgusting ant shit. And then getting a USDA Choice (not Prime) Ribeye and thinking the person feeding you is a God send.

Some of you people are straight up lemmings that lap at the teat of anybody with presumed powerful influence over things you care about. Quite honestly, I find it pathetic and I hope you all start looking at things more critically in your lives. I truthfully don't understand the mentality I'm reading here about "yeah, it was 6 years of bad, but look at where we are now!"

We are at the same exact spot we were 6 years ago, you idiots. We were a 9 seed last time we were in the tournament. Or was that 7 years ago? Whatever. Point grows stronger with an extra year.

No one is lapping up anything. Some of us, myself included, give credit where credit is due. He's made some mistakes and been humiliated and attacked for them but he's done a lot of good too. No reason to work yourself up over it.

No one is lapping up anything. Some of us, myself included, give credit where credit is due. He's made some mistakes and been humiliated and attacked for them but he's done a lot of good too. No reason to work yourself up over it.

OK, sure. I am clearly out of control right now...

OK, sure. I am clearly out of control right now...

Ha, I fully support whatever feelings anyone has for RW. I just think as much shit that's talked about him, he deserves credit for his successes. Most every P5 team in America faces downward trends. I'm just happy that we look to be trending back in a good direction.

Ha, I fully support whatever feelings anyone has for RW. I just think as much shit that's talked about him, he deserves credit for his successes. Most every P5 team in America faces downward trends. I'm just happy that we look to be trending back in a good direction.

Cool. I repeat.

I just don't get your way of thinking. I'm sure you don't get mine. Whatever. Life would be boring if we all thought the same.

But giving a dude credit for shit getting back to how it was 6 years ago when he was in charge as well? That's just weird. "ebbs and flows". OK. Whatever you want to call it, Dreamy Creamy.

We are in a MUCH better place than we were 6 years ago under Gaudio.

Back