• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We're boring

7dimes

Reaction score
Even after watching us dismantle FSU, I still find our team painfully dull to watch. I feel bad saying that as I do think we have good kids. I'm not sure if it's the environment (silent Joel) or simply my lowered expectations for our program because of our coach. Aside from Devin there isn't anyone on the team that really gets the crowd rolling. We seem to play with no emotion or swagger. Not sure if that's our new culture or simply the type of kids we've recruited but I do miss having great athletes and showmen. Even during our tougher years after CP left we still had a few guys that would get you pumped up. This team reminds me of Odom's final teams except they aren't as competitive.

I'll take a "boring" 25pt win over an "exciting" 2 point loss anyday. Though I understand your sentiments..

A lot of people used to complain about us playing boring basketball during Odom's tenure, but when we were winning back to back ACC titles and going to NCAA tourney's I never thought it was boring. The problem with [Redacted] ball is it's boring and you're normally losing.

I disagree. My criticisms are that we suck on the road and don't provide enough exciting moments. I wouldn't call us boring or emotionless. DT plays with as much emotion as anyone we've had since Ish (as a senior.) He's got LD level emotion a lot but knows when to use it. When CJ is draining 3's it gets pretty exciting. Travis can throw down a bit although I agree no as many dunks as we got used to in the late 2000s. I don't think our style of play is boring. We generate TOs and run every chance we get. Just don't have enough aged finishers.

You should just go to the circus. They have real clowns, riding on unicycles, people getting shot out of cannons...stuff like that....if it's a show you want.

This or you can go to a naked midget mud wrastin' match. There are a lot of entertainment options out there if you look hard enough.

Bitching about things that don't matter takes focus away from the bitching about things that do matter.

Even after watching us dismantle FSU, I still find our team painfully dull to watch. I feel bad saying that as I do think we have good kids. I'm not sure if it's the environment (silent Joel) or simply my lowered expectations for our program because of our coach. Aside from Devin there isn't anyone on the team that really gets the crowd rolling. We seem to play with no emotion or swagger. Not sure if that's our new culture or simply the type of kids we've recruited but I do miss having great athletes and showmen. Even during our tougher years after CP left we still had a few guys that would get you pumped up. This team reminds me of Odom's final teams except they aren't as competitive.

I understand where your coming from. You miss this.

james+johnson+dunks+on+danny+green.jpg

..and this...

tumblr_ly0h6oPBw41qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

now we're reduced to this..

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/spt-110306-[Redacted].jpg

That JJ pic is amazing but it always pisses me off because he hot fouled out on a horseshit call on the next play.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/spt-110306-[Redacted].jpg

Look closely @ Battle's expression...Might be thinking; how much longer do I have to put up with this M/F....r!!!

Did you see Madison's pass to Travis?

If you must complain, complain about something objective. This is silly.

Look closely @ Battle's expression...Might be thinking; how much longer do I have to put up with this M/F....r!!!

I noticed that too...don't know what Battle's thinking, but it isn't nice. But I do think that was one of Bz's best neckties, and the shoes are good too.

Bzz is more likely to win the lottery than win an NCAA tourney game at wake. That's what that picture tells me.

The lottery is in the NBA. He's not sniffing the NBA ever again.

Pat Riley spoke so highly of him when Wellman hired him. Maybe he can live by those words and give him a nice cushy scouting job in Miami. Preferably at the end of the season.

Back