• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

If y'all ever hear me say or see me say we deserve respect cuz we beat Liberty, I want to be banned for life. Deservedly so.

the Albany win has inflated a lot of Cuse numbers offensively and defensively

Not just Albany but Rutgers and a bad Ohio team too. Louisville and UVA are both better than the Cuse I’m willing to bet add in FSU we’ve already played 3 tougher games than they have all year. Shrader might be decent but he’s NOT Malik Cunningham

If y'all ever hear me say or see me say we deserve respect cuz we beat Liberty, I want to be banned for life. Deservedly so.

We took Rutgers to the wire Mack. So put that in your deacon pipe and smoke it!

Not just Albany but Rutgers and a bad Ohio team too. Louisville and UVA are both better than the Cuse I’m willing to bet add in FSU we’ve already played 3 tougher games than they have all year. Shrader might be decent but he’s NOT Malik Cunningham
Right. Shrader is dog shit. Busted play runner. End of story.

To me offenses like Syracuse aren't the kind of attacks that can hurt us. Teams ususally get us by stretching the field and opening up the running attack, and I don't know if the Cuse has the personnel to do that. I just don't see us getting run over.

Our offense is the best and most diverse they have faced.

If we play good, we should win this game.

Syracuse just lost to a team that played a one legged QB their first three games and got beat by a QB that just took off a brace for their game. But they beat Liberty by God.

i was already pulling for the deacs but the upstate new york UNFRIENDLINESS to BUSINESS has me all the way amped up now

Syracuse just lost to a team that played a one legged QB their first three games and got beat by a QB that just took off a brace for their game. But they beat Liberty by God.

We could get caught looking ahead to Clemson next Friday. We tend to have their number

Every game has me nervous I’m a life long Deac fan, but Louisville is going to woodshed UVA, Duke, and the Cuse and every team they play in the ACC not named Clemson or State. I think they beat BC and Kentucky

Every game has me nervous I’m a life long Deac fan, but Louisville is going to woodshed UVA, Duke, and the Cuse and every team they play in the ACC not named Clemson or State. I think they beat BC and Kentucky

We just went through a gauntlet playing against Armstrong and Cunningham. I think we will fare pretty well Saturday on defense.

WF has the better coach, the better QB, the deeper and more talented roster and more experience. Cuse has the home field, and I guess, the motivational edge as WF is ranked, and Cuse wants the home upset.

Cuse has a stout DL, and WF doesn't like to give OL much help. So, the key will be if Hartman has time, or if Cuse can disrupt our RPO and cause TOs. I trust Clawson and staff to have WF prepared (particularly with a week off coming up). Great teams love playing on the road and breaking the will of the opposing team and their fans. Happened at UVA, and think it will happen again this week. That said, if Cuse gets to Hartman early and is disrupting the RPO, the game could be a sweat. FWIW, I think the defense is pissed after L'ville and Cunningham had success. Think they play better this weekend. Shrader is tough and can run, but they have no pass game; WF has faced really good multi-dimensional QBs each of the last two weeks. Shrader is a big time step down from Cunningham and Brennan Armstrong.

Let a competitor on this board and we learn three quit the team this week. No problem. Their best receiver. No problem. Babers answers zero questions in his presser. No problem. Syracuse is a tropical paradise. And we beat Liberty.

WF has the better coach, the better QB, the deeper and more talented roster and more experience. Cuse has the home field, and I guess, the motivational edge as WF is ranked, and Cuse wants the home upset.

Cuse has a stout DL, and WF doesn't like to give OL much help. So, the key will be if Hartman has time, or if Cuse can disrupt our RPO and cause TOs. I trust Clawson and staff to have WF prepared (particularly with a week off coming up). Great teams love playing on the road and breaking the will of the opposing team and their fans. Happened at UVA, and think it will happen again this week. That said, if Cuse gets to Hartman early and is disrupting the RPO, the game could be a sweat. FWIW, I think the defense is pissed after L'ville and Cunningham had success. Think they play better this weekend. Shrader is tough and can run, but they have no pass game; WF has faced really good multi-dimensional QBs each of the last two weeks. Shrader is a big time step down from Cunningham and Brennan Armstrong.

Agreed with your analysis except the mental edge of motivation. They’ve got plenty of reasons to be motivated but we have more.

We’re going to do battle for awhile with an over-amped Orange Juice squad in the weird lighting, and then the talent, scheme, motivation, and coaching discrepancies will help us pull away.

I reiterate that I simply love being ranked, favored, and disrespected.

Particularly State. I feel like you could get away with backhanded compliment about UNC.

You're right. I thought I remembered State being his trigger, but wasn't sure, so I threw in UNC too. Figured it was a safe bet.

Honestly, the past doesn't matter in this game. We're ranked, Syracuse isn't, and the Carrier Dome is a difficult place in which to play. They'll be loud and out for blood, and want a win over a ranked team. This will be a dogfight.

LOL - I think we found LawOfSmallNumbersDeac

I am glad I am not the only one who reacted negatively to this.

if only SC had a containerport

I would also like to note that I really enjoy the cartoonish, angry orange in cusejuice's pic. It's kind of like if the Orange Bowl decided to create a special Instagram profile picture for Halloween.

+1

never change THINMAN

We already had the SC house, and used the proceeds from the lake house to buy a house in the mountains above Banner Elk, NC, for a place to spend the summers, when Beaufort is hot as hell. I had no problem with Skaneateles, but getting from there to Beaufort was a 16 hour drive. I'm old, so that was getting to be a bit much. You are correct, the lake is gorgeous, and we had a great time there and loved boating out on the lake, but that has nothing to do with Syracuse.

Beaufort is a nice, peaceful military town. And you can wear flip flops in November, without socks of course.

Back