• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Series 1: #12 Duke | Fri: L (5-8) / Sat: W (6-3) / Sun: L (8-10) (ACCNX)

Kudos to WF for the baseball giveaways. After last season, the athletic department didn't need to add promos to draw fans. So smart to offer a little reward to those that support the Deacs without a short-term incentive to do so. Classy.

My wife would like to know if there will be a bark in the park game this season. I don't see it on the schedule.

That’s fantastic. She will think it’s funny. But if she can bring our dog, the chances of us making a weekend game are much higher.

Would be great if WF scores 5 to 6 runs off a pitcher that hasn't given up a run this season and then Duke's loaded pen. Then again, maybe this is the breakout 2024 game for projected first round picks Nukes and King. Wouldn't be surprised if both face Santucci multiple times as professionals.

Interesting (to me) Hartle stats:

Last year he was 10th in the country in groundball percent at 61.2%. The national leader was 66.3% (some guy from S.Illinois). For reference, Logan Webb led the majors at 62.1% last season.

So far through three starts he's leading the nation at 78.4%! Somehow he has given up three homers already, which should regress to the mean. I also do think that will be tougher to maintain against ACC competition.

Hope they can get this one in. Already getting rain in the mountains.

This would be a tremendous series to take 2 of 3. Do we know if we have any of our arms back? Ariola, Roland, Wade?

Back