• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

It's the most Wake thing that could happen, we raise a shit ton of money to put into facilities to "compete" with the top of the ACC and NIL comes on line and nobody gives a shit about facilities anymore. Its just about paying the players and we've tied up all our money in Deacon this and Deacon that.

The NCAA was there for the taking. Ridiculous losses to GT and ND but even then there was still a glimmer. The team did not play like they gave a shit today( with the exception of a couple). Pitt took the fight to us and we ran away like girls. Yes the refs sucked but we needed man up and didn’t. It has happened too many times under Forbes

It's the most Wake thing that could happen, we raise a shit ton of money to put into facilities to "compete" with the top of the ACC and NIL comes on line and nobody gives a shit about facilities anymore. Its just about paying the players and we've tied up all our money in Deacon this and Deacon that.
It still gives us a very sturdy foundation.

It'll depend on how the pre-draft process works out. I'm sure he'll declare and see what feedback he gets. I think there's a chance he stays if it's clear that he's going to be a 2nd round pick, but it'll take a lot of NIL $

Will make the transfer portal interesting if it goes into May... similar to what happened with Bobi last year. Will need to hold that scholarship as long as we can
To expand on this, he'll be 21 at the end of the month and is already getting a little old by NBA draft standards. Also this year's draft is super weak, and next year's draft projects to be much stronger

Long winded way of saying that I think it's way more likely than not that he leaves (assuming he can go in the 1st)

Sallis says he’s looking forward to continuing his time at Wake (his family away from home) in the postgame presser.

?
I’ll believe it when I see it, but certainly hope so and think he could use it. Hope we bring in someone to help the team with mental fortitude.

Sallis will put his name in 100%. Will need to get good feedback or awful advice from an agent to peace out.

Forbes: “We’ve got more to play for. It will start with an N…. NCAA or NIT.”

Ends that discussion.
Well yeah obviously we will play.

I’m just saying who cares about the national media it’s not like we get much positive national media anyway. We always choke.

I know we have said this like 4 times the last few weeks but hard to imagine coming out so flat with so much to play for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitt took it to us early. We don’t match up well with sturdy wings like Leggett and Hinson. Even so, Pitt was ready to choke it away late, but we had shortened our limited bench to catch up. WF had nothing left in the tank. WF played hard. Pitt played harder.

Good summary.

Pitt took it to us early. We don’t match up well with sturdy wings like Leggett and Hinson. Even so, Pitt was ready to choke it away late, but we had shortened our limited bench to catch up. WF had nothing left in the tank. WF played hard. Pitt played harder.

Weird to say we don’t match up well with a team we beat by 33 about 3 weeks ago.

39-0 on bench scoring says so much about this team.
True….but look
Fancy ass weight room but can’t fight for loose balls and rebounds.

Fancy computer monitoring practice shots but can’t hit shots on the road.
I said it earlier, it's about recruting dawgs with fight and toughness and then exposing them to physical, tough practices. I live in Houston and know about Kelvin Sampson's practices from friends that can attend...It's a war every practice.
And you practice like you play. Recruit tough kids with talent, coach em up, toughen em up. Perhaps we're missing that...and a culture that rewards that!

Weird to say we don’t match up well with a team we beat by 33 about 3 weeks ago.

True.

We were really bothered by their active hands on defense. Too often we resorted to dribbling instead of moving without the ball and passing.

Didn’t say we don’t match up with Pitt. WF has edges in some spots, but WF doesn’t match up well with Leggett and Hinson.WF should have a big edge at the 5, but Diaz hit two threes out his arse

Back