• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

Are they really still going to hold the game
in Tallahassee if power is out all over the city with trees down everywhere? I would hope not.

I wonder if this isn't some obsessively irrational reaction on the part of their AD because they think they might not suck and are desperate to get this game in at home?

I don’t think we want to play this game in terrible weather regardless of location. If it is a slop fest, athleticism wins out. They have better athletes. We want clear dry days so our passing game can dominate.

I also don’t think it is ideal to play in Tallahassee immediately following a direct hit from a massive hurricane. Don’t even see how that is possible.

Best case is to move the date away from this weekend entirely.

I would think a slop fest would negate athleticism and even the (swampy) playing field a bit. Speed & cutting are reduced, etc.

I wonder if this isn't some obsessively irrational reaction on the part of their AD because they think they might not suck and are desperate to get this game in at home?
that's kinda my thought, that they're dragging their feet until the last possible second (probably jeopardizing our safe travel) because they don't want to lose that home atmosphere against a tough opponent.

The Dark Sky forecast has it raining in Tallahassee from Thursday around noon to early Saturday morning.

They’re definitely dragging their feet to keep a big home game. Props to the ACC schedule makers. They did a masterful job setting up Clemson/Wake/State marquee matchups early with FSU as a possible spoiler:

--Clemson vs. Wake
--State vs. Clemson and Wake vs. FSU
--FSU at State
--Clemson at FSU

Four straight weeks of games with huge Atlantic implications. Every team has a chance to recover after a loss and rise up the rankings.

Seems idiotic to have not announced a plan yet and just drag feet. The hurricane news is not improving if anything it’s worsening. Why not just move the game to Atlanta or Miami and call it a day?

Personally, I wish they would play it in Winston this year in a monsoon instead of Tally. For a mediocre team, this game isn't any bigger than any other game. FSU still is going to lose to NCST, Clemson, UF and possibly Syracuse and Miami.

Seems idiotic to have not announced a plan yet and just drag feet. The hurricane news is not improving if anything it’s worsening. Why not just move the game to Atlanta or Miami and call it a day?

Atlanta is going to be awful Saturday plus Alabama would never let us play in their house.

Not to mention it's "Homecoming" in Tally this weekend. Granted all those events have been cancelled.

Ouch. Didn't realize it's Homecoming. I feel bad for FSU and their fans. This should be a huge "we're back" game for them with a full stadium on national TV. But there are bigger issues.

Who'd have ever thought we would be the program re-defining game for FSU?

Who'd have ever thought we would be the program re-defining game for FSU?

Yeh I certainly don't believe that! It's certainly an improvement but only one way to go from Rock Bottom. I think maybe a 7-5 season and begin next season 3-0 with a better win over LSU and then they can speak "Program Re-Defining".

Atlanta seems like the best option, dome and such. The storm will be basically the usual, rain which is like an everyday thing here.

I like the postpone the game option with moving the BC game as someone suggested. Gives us some time to heal up.
I honestly see this as the least likely option. It impacts the gate at multiple different schools and games. People already have hotels, travel, and tickets for those games.

FSU isn’t requiring the Chiefs (band) to return to campus for the game.

In other hurricane football news, the Bucs are moving operations to Miami for the week then coming back on Sunday to play the Chiefs (football team).

Back