• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I mean it’s an acc team but yeah it’s a step down. Certainly a step up in money though so it hope he saves it wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little of a surprising choice, but good luck to him (except against Wake).

I hope we upgrade over Boopie and his decision to leave Wake does not work out for him. I’m not going to root for players to find greater success by leaving the team/school I support and don’t understand that mentality (with the rare exception of a guy like Monsanto under very different circumstances).

I mean it’s an acc team but yeah it’s a step down. Certainly a step up in money though so it hope he saves it wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMU has played in the (real) NCAA Tournament twice since we last got there. And they had a higher seed each time, too.

I hate to break it some of y'all, but Wellman fucking broke our program. In terms of national reputation, we're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down there. Hope it changes next year!

Boopie did what he felt was best for him and his family. Good for him. But pretty sure Forbes will find a replacement that will meet the team’s needs. Boopie averaged just 3.5 assists per game (against 2.5 turnovers per game). We may not get a point guard who equals his point production, but more assists versus fewer turnovers would be great.

But have the ships with TJ and Baba sailed out on us? Will be disappointed if Baba selects Kanas State or FAU over us. I know TJ has heaps of schools interested in him.

Yeah outside of transferring to Duke or UNC I’m hard pressed to see how anyone gets mad at any kid in this era when they transfer.
I just don’t like transferring to someone we play against when it’s pretty easy to find another school. It’s the same reason I was pissed about Hartman. Transfer to Alabama or something. Not one of the 12 schools we play.

SMU has played in the (real) NCAA Tournament twice since we last got there. And they had a higher seed each time, too.

I hate to break it some of y'all, but Wellman fucking broke our program. In terms of national reputation, we're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down there. Hope it changes next year!

Yeah. Wake is probably a bottom 10 maybe even bottom 5 major conference program. And Wake is behind several mid-major programs too.

I just don’t like transferring to someone we play against when it’s pretty easy to find another school. It’s the same reason I was pissed about Hartman. Transfer to Alabama or something. Not one of the 12 schools we play.
Why do you think it’s pretty easy to find another school?

yea, i’m #1 boopie hater* and think it would be almost impossible for us to be worse off without him (assuming that our NIL budget is largely fungible which is in-line with everyone i’ve heard), but looking down at smu doesn’t make sense (even ignoring that these decisions are heavily based just on $$ these days)

*not rooting against him, just think he’s not a winning player / way worse than his stats

Last edited:
Back