• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Well he had a pretty long NBA career so sure he’s fine.
NBA money was different back then. He made $4,432,010 in 8 seasons ending in 2005. He'll make much more at UK.

he made 4 million total in the NBA (which is a lot for sure) but he will make 5 million in his first year at UK alone

I really don’t get the negative energy towards Carr on here. He gave Wake two great years. Now he gets to play for an elite program and actually get to play in the tournament, plus make a lot of money. Easy decision, good for him.
Is 2024-2025 UK really "elite"? Pope has to fill what - at least 10 roster spots? And he was maybe their 5th choice for coach. I'm not saying he's not a good coach - and that he won't eventually have success at Kentucky, but there's a pretty good chance that next season is a bit rocky for them. On the other hand, it's easier to totally rebuild a roster quicker in the portal/NIL era. I just don't think it's safe to assume that Carr is showing up in a guaranteed great situation.

Fuck Carr and Boopie…I’m not pulling for either one of them. They don’t care about WF or any WF fans…just making that feeling mutual. They are simply trying to maximize their $. Neither of which gets that opportunity without Forbes/Wake. It is where we are…but I am not pulling for another league team and I already could not stand Kentucky. By the way, Carr has the weakest hands for someone his size I have ever seen. I hope Forbes finds someone to make us forget both.

I just don’t like transferring to someone we play against when it’s pretty easy to find another school. It’s the same reason I was pissed about Hartman. Transfer to Alabama or something. Not one of the 12 schools we play.
Wesley Grimes comes to mind. . . . that one felt personal

Carr got paid to play for Wake. It's not like he came here because he loved the campus and the students. We (insert weird NIL legal fiction) paid him. Now he's leaving not to be near family, but for more money. F' that guy. It's like any employee that comes for a few years than gets a better offer and bolts. Would you root for Ron Wellman if instead of retiring took the AD job at Kentucky? These ARE NOT student athletes. They are professionals without any contracts that can leave whenever they want to go where ever they want. More power to him, but I don't have to root for him.

Well shit! Was hoping for some good portal news for Wake when I woke up this morning. How are the VIBES this morning?!?

Carr got paid to play for Wake. It's not like he came here because he loved the campus and the students. We (insert weird NIL legal fiction) paid him. Now he's leaving not to be near family, but for more money. F' that guy. It's like any employee that comes for a few years than gets a better offer and bolts. Would you root for Ron Wellman if instead of retiring took the AD job at Kentucky? These ARE NOT student athletes. They are professionals without any contracts that can leave whenever they want to go where ever they want. More power to him, but I don't have to root for him.
I'd never root for Ron Wellman. Fuck that guy in the ass with a machete!

I’m going to need Wake to stop having guys like Carr write open love letters to the school.

I have no ill will towards Carr, Miller, Monsanto, Keller, Ituka, Marsh, Clark, Canka, Taylor, McCray, Whitt, Oguama, Neath, Ingraham, Loren Woods, Jamie Skeen, or anyone else who passed through WF on their way to play for someone else. I’m not pulling for them, either. They were Deacs, and now they are not.

Think this might be the first time this has been said in the history of this thread. Maybe even the boards
Haha he seems like a great guy. Always positive even with his reduced role. He did improve but not enough. It was always fun when he got a dunk though. It makes sense that he would leave.

Carr and Boopie benefitted substantially from their time at wake and are moving on purely for financial reasons from what it sounds like. I understand that from a logical perspective, but, as a fan of wake basketball, they can fuck right off.

Back