• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Whether bringing back 2 of 5 starters is “good” or not kinda depends on what happens with the other 3.
Right, as well as how the guys we bring in do in comparison. But still, bringing back a starting ACC big man and one of the best guards in the conference is at least something positive that isn't always a given these days.

Cam, Efton, Parker and to a lesser extent Marion, will give us a little bit of continuity at least.

Whether bringing back 2 of 5 starters is “good” or not kinda depends on what happens with the other 3.

yeah. returning production used to be the single best indicator of a team's success relative to the previous season. now, i'm not sure you'd find any bit of correlation.

wow, that is a big loss for them. would be a nice addition at the 3.

I'm a FIRM believer that PFred just needs minutes.
He slumped the final 1/3 of the year and part of the reason why (I guess) is he does very little off the bounce. Spot up shooter helps a LOT, but not sure how he can get any drive game going. He was easy to guard by the end of the year, imo.

Was impressed all year with his defense, and toughness to get in there and fight for defensive boards, even though he often did not get the board, he was in there fighting - I love that.

His ball-handling, passing and dependability also a surprising plus all year, I don't recall many turnovers at all.

He slumped the final 1/3 of the year and part of the reason why (I guess) is he does very little off the bounce. Spot up shooter helps a LOT, but not sure how he can get any drive game going. He was easy to guard by the end of the year, imo.

Was impressed all year with his defense, and toughness to get in there and fight for defensive boards, even though he often did not get the board, he was in there fighting - I love that.

His ball-handling, passing and dependability also a surprising plus all year, I don't recall many turnovers at all.
When you don't dribble, its easier to minimize turnovers.

I am cautiously optimistic for his sophomore year. He (1) has to get stronger; and (2) has to show he can do something with the ball. I think those two things can be related, and presumably strength will come with a full offseason at Wake.

I'm amazed Leonard Hamilton hasn't retired yet. I keep thinking he'll go the Saban route. He clearly loves basketball and loves coaching/teaching, but at 75 years old and with the obvious "evolution" of the college bball landscape, I just can't imagine he's having a good time.

I thought the portal already closed? When is/was the deadline to enter?
All it takes is that a player had to notify someone in the athletic department that they wanted to enter the portal. Then there's a 48-hour window in which the paperwork can be processed and the player actually shows up in the portal.

Grad transfers are exempt from the May 1 portal deadline.
This was the case; it's not anymore. Portal windows apply the same to all entrants now.

Back