• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

If there is one program in America that should be extremely cautious about putting its proverbial PG eggs in the basket of (1) “maybe this NBA prospect might still come back to school” and/or (2) “we’ll score a huge commit later this summer and he’s worth waiting for,” it’s gotta be Wake. Just feel like I’ve seen this movie too many times to feel good about this. Hope I’m wrong.

If there is one program in America that should be extremely cautious about putting its proverbial PG eggs in the basket of (1) “maybe this NBA prospect might still come back to school” and/or (2) “we’ll score a huge commit later this summer and he’s worth waiting for,” it’s gotta be Wake. Just feel like I’ve seen this movie too many times to feel good about this. Hope I’m wrong.
gotta make sure we find the Joe Dukes in the portal, just in case we need a last second PG replacement

247 cronies would lead you to believe we were landing 4-5 people by now in the last week. Lotta yappin over there when doesn't appear they know much more than the average joes.

247 cronies would lead you to believe we were landing 4-5 people by now in the last week. Lotta yappin over there when doesn't appear they know much more than the average joes.
Yup. I think SkyDivingDeac has been my best source of info this portal season. If someone posts something here that 247 hasn't, they claim it is unreliable rumors (Omaha B as an example). If someone post something here (or anywhere, actually) that 247 is also saying, they claim that person must be just posting what they read of 247. As though they are the only ones that could obtain that info. Chodes.

Yup. I think SkyDivingDeac has been my best source of info this portal season. If someone posts something here that 247 hasn't, they claim it is unreliable rumors (Omaha B as an example). If someone post something here (or anywhere, actually) that 247 is also saying, they claim that person must be just posting what they read of 247. As though they are the only ones that could obtain that info. Chodes.
That may be the case most of the time, but not today.

247 posted a detailed recap of Kasparas Jakucionis recruitment with details and timelines; it was clear that the source was from the staff. Shortly thereafter the same info was summarized here. It was bad.

Last edited:
That may be the case most of the time, but not today.

247 posted a detailed recap of Kasparas Jakucionis recruitment with details and timelines; it was clear that for this report the source was from the staff. Shortly thereafter the same info was summarized here. It was bad.
Yeah I hate it honestly. How ya feel about Les and Cam doesn't matter. Folks coming over here and essentially copy/pasting what Cam and Les share behind a paywall is small-time bs.

For the record, Cam pissed me off early and often and would always call me out on Twitter for being a bad fan or whatever the fuck. And despite that fact, I still hate people discrediting his and Les' work.

gotta make sure we find the Joe Dukes in the portal, just in case we need a last second PG replacement
@OldGoldBeard, let the minutes reflect that in the nearly twenty years since Shamaine stepped foot on campus we have had at least two guys affiliated with the basketball program involved in murders, and he was not one of them.

1714682969653.png

Yeah I hate it honestly. How ya feel about Les and Cam doesn't matter. Folks coming over here and essentially copy/pasting what Cam and Les share behind a paywall is small-time bs.

For the record, Cam pissed me off early and often and would always call me out on Twitter for being a bad fan or whatever the fuck. And despite that fact, I still hate people discrediting his and Les' work.

Hard to be too upset when they have been fine with people posting inside info from Trilly's discord on their own pay site since they haven't had any info.

I mean, if they are upset about it, ban the guy who posted it from 247. Of course, that means he would presumably cancel his subscription, but that seems to be the tradeoff.

This is just how information travels nowadays. Hard for the subscription model to keep up.

Back