• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I just wonder who in the heck is advising some of our players. Bobi and Boopie both got terrible advice on their value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wonder who in the heck is advising some of our players. Bobi and Boopie both got terrible advice on their value.

This is only true if Boopie doesn't get what he's seeking elsewhere. Your value is what someone will pay you. And we don't know and likely won't ever know what that's going to be I would imagine.

Bobi looks to be a sure first round NBA draft pick. It would be hard to argue his advice didn’t work out. He could have easily played his way out of the first round if he stayed.

Bobi has higher or the same mock draft projections than a year ago. So it doesn’t seem like bad advice. He’s playing in the same league as one of the most likely #1 picks.

I would also be curious what Carolina and Duke are doing to get their players to stay, other than being able to continue to play for a blue blood.

I would also be curious what Carolina and Duke are doing to get their players to stay, other than being able to continue to play for a blue blood.

Giving them money. Business as usual.

Literally all of the ratings show that’s not true. Ratings are way up. My eleven year old and all his friends did women’s brackets and are genuinely into their tournament. Women’s sports, specifically basketball, are more popular than they’ve ever been.
Yes ratings are way up but where did they come up from. And there is HUGE support at many many programs and they do sell out with decent ticket prices. But there are very few of them actually. We get overwhelmed by the intense coverage of Clark & Iowa, plus LSU, South Carolina, USC out west and a few local teams like State and the Hokies. But all this great interest comes to maybe 10% of all the 350+ teams playing.

Not bad advice for Bobi based on where he is on the mock draft charts (top 15-20). Getting paid and in the same league as some other high draftees.

Yes ratings are way up but where did they come up from. And there is HUGE support at many many programs and they do sell out with decent ticket prices. But there are very few of them actually. We get overwhelmed by the intense coverage of Clark & Iowa, plus LSU, South Carolina, USC out west and a few local teams like State and the Hokies. But all this great interest comes to maybe 10% of all the 350+ teams playing.

That’s how college sports TV ratings work. The top teams draw the biggest ratings. And we’re talking about the NCAAT which is always dominated by the top teams.

That’s how college sports TV ratings work. The top teams draw the biggest ratings. And we’re talking about the NCAAT which is always dominated by the top teams.
Just like football.

Appleby became the first player in ACC history to lead in scoring and assists. Alondes almost became the first a year before were it not for Scooter Boeheim on the last day.
And Boeheim only edged him out by 1 point on the entire season if I recall correctly. Also, Tyree was the AP ACC Player of the Year. Alondes was ACC POY and AP ACC POY. Boop was…not either.

After being involved in it from 1987-2004 on the floor, a full gym was a real rarity. Back then too you only had Tennessee, State, UNC plus a couple other SEC schools that had great crowds. UConn with Geno was just starting to heat up once he left UVa as an assistant to Debbie Ryan. For the longest time it was just him vs Pat Summit.

For one thing, they're making the NCAA tournament. I understand that NIL money is priority number one for top players, but it's hard to believe that the chance to play for a title doesn't factor in on some level. With every passing year that Wake can't manage to get in (fourteen years and counting now, which is frankly unbelievable given how well-resourced the program is), we're making it harder and harder to pitch Wake as a choice destination for these guys.

Why is Boopie leaving?!?
Someone shoulda hid his keys.

I had certain old man feelings about him buying the caddy or whatever after committing to wake and posting the pics. Don't actually care what he wants to spend his money on, it just shows he wants to get paid. No hard feelings and best of luck.

Back