• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

It’s gonna be really interesting to see how P5 teams fill out rosters once they’re done bringing in rotation guys.

At some point coaching staffs will have to be realistic with targets.

“We’re out of money and you won’t be playing much at all. I know you sat the bench at Virginia Tech, so now we’d like you to sit the bench for us.”

Like who is the pool of players? It’s not P5 guys transferring for more playing time. It’s not mid-major guys looking to play up a level.

is it maybe mid-major second tier guys that believe in themselves and want a shot in practice to prove it?

It’s gonna be really interesting to see how P5 teams fill out rosters once they’re done bringing in rotation guys.

“We’re out of money and you won’t be playing much at all. I know you sat the bench at Virginia Tech, so now we’d like you to sit the bench for us.”

Like who is the pool of players? It’s not P5 guys transferring for more playing time. It’s not mid-major guys looking to play up a level.
I think thats the way it should be. Cream rises to the top. If you are getting paid at a P5 but you suck, guess what, you just got relegated to a mid-major. You play for a mid-major but tore it up, welcome to the big leagues. After a few years players will begin to realize this is the reality. Not everyone wildly looking for the portal pot of gold

Is Miles Lester still eligible?

This is where good academics might be beneficial. Grad transfers looking for legit masters degrees could be willing to come to a school like wake.

I thought this, too... But when I went back and looked at Keller's stats they were even worse than I remembered.

At least with someone like Cosby you can point to him as a shooter and probably expect his % to increase from an already OK 34%.

When I look at Keller's numbers over the first two years, I'm not sure what he's good at.
Rebounding is something he's not good at.

wow...did not anticipate Keller getting interest from a school as good as Utah. Good for him. It is interesting that when we played Utah this year, Keller had probably his best game ever as a deacon with 10 points and 5 rebounds and even hit 2 three pointers (he hit 7 all year). Utah might be guilty of the old "fall in love with a player who played a good game against us" syndrome.
Another non-NCAA team

This is nothing short of a purge. And frankly, I'm pleased. Produce or GTFO.

I don't know how Keller ended up at Utah. He married up, somehow. Whoever noted that he had his best game of the year versus the Utes is likely onto something. He must've impressed them somehow.

I say we use our 12 and 13 schollies on completely unknown euro guys. Maybe you find a Manu

wow...did not anticipate Keller getting interest from a school as good as Utah. Good for him. It is interesting that when we played Utah this year, Keller had probably his best game ever as a deacon with 10 points and 5 rebounds and even hit 2 three pointers (he hit 7 all year). Utah might be guilty of the old "fall in love with a player who played a good game against us" syndrome.
If you score more than double digits in any college game, you are invited to tour the opposing team's locker room just in case you decide to transfer down the road.

was gonna say canka was the most handsome deac since who, but hunter may actually have him beat

Back