• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

#notcommitted

That is not giving me good vibes

Isn't social media great!?

Some kids enjoy being recruited so much, they can do it every year now!

(this comes off more old-man-ish than I'd like but at least I didn't blame "the NIL")
I think you blamed "the internets" though, so I'm not sure that is any better. :)

I really don’t get the negative energy towards Carr on here. He gave Wake two great years. Now he gets to play for an elite program and actually get to play in the tournament, plus make a lot of money. Easy decision, good for him.

Yeah Carr transferred to Wake from a tournament team and is now going to play for a blue blood program for a huge bag, one has to assume. Boopie not so much.

Also , re Carr, I recollect Pope had a rep as a really good big man coach. I think more than playing for a blue blood or a bigger bag, Carr believes he is a legit NBA prospect. He believes that Kentucky gives him a better shot at the NBA next year, and he’s probably right.

I was just reading Pope's wiki page and I didn't realize that he dropped out of an Ivy league med school (Columbia) after 3 years to get onto the staff at Georgia, then did a year at Wake as an assistant, then left for BYU (best decision he ever made to get out of the Bz stink) assistant job. Man, he really bet on himself and it took awhile, but he is going to be a rich man now that he is the coach at kentucky. Probably generational wealth.

I don't care what you all say. Carr and Boopie can go fuck themselves. I am going to miss Marsh though.

I was just reading Pope's wiki page and I didn't realize that he dropped out of an Ivy league med school (Columbia) after 3 years to get onto the staff at Georgia, then did a year at Wake as an assistant, then left for BYU (best decision he ever made to get out of the Bz stink) assistant job. Man, he really bet on himself and it took awhile, but he is going to be a rich man now that he is the coach at kentucky. Probably generational wealth.
Well he had a pretty long NBA career so sure he’s fine.

Back